Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Mouseguns

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Kahr p380 update: spare parts arrived from the Kahr mothership. It's nice that every part is readily available and reasonably priced.

The double recoil springs are the main point of this post. The springs in my gun were apparently quite worn, despite a low round count. The outer spring was 1.5 coils short and the inner spring was 4 (!) coils short. Installing the new springs was challenging. I solved it by using the edge of a bench to push the rod and compress the springs while aligning the rod tip to fit in through the slide hole. These new springs are much heavier--especially in the first 1/4" of slide movement. No wonder I had some FTRB before I lubed and polished the slide stop and lower lug.

My plan is to order some extra recoil springs (2x more of the inner springs) and replace them often.
    It's not a bad idea to order the slide stop retention spring or a couple. They can be dislodged or lost without trying and are tiny enough to be tough to find. Ask me how I know. Kahr has sent a replacement for free before but it is nice not to have to ask, order or wait for one if they are on hand.

For what it’s worth, @Clusterfrack my Sig P238 absolutely ate RSAs for breakfast. 350 rounds, and they were toast. Kahr may well be better, but I’d still change them frequently. You will figure out what that is, but 400-500 rounds may well be it.
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 12-07-2021 at 04:59 PM.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Mouseguns

Gabe White Standards 7 yds
    Kahr P380 concealed in pocket holster, hand on gun. I like this gun!

Bill 2.31 -.25: 2.06 L

F2S 2.06 +.25 -.25: 2.06 L
    F2S 1.83 -.25: 1.58 T

2H 1.64 -.25: 1.39 T
    2H 1.75 +.25 -.25: 1.75 T

4B2H 2.57 -.25: 2.32 T

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Gabe White Standards 7 yds
    Kahr P380 concealed in pocket holster, hand on gun. I like this gun!

Bill 2.31 -.25: 2.06 L

F2S 2.06 +.25 -.25: 2.06 L
    F2S 1.83 -.25: 1.58 T

2H 1.64 -.25: 1.39 T
    2H 1.75 +.25 -.25: 1.75 T

4B2H 2.57 -.25: 2.32 T

If there was an SCD like device for the Kahr, I would really take it in to consideration. It has much of what else I want, especially in the trigger.

How is the recoil vs the LCP?

Mouseguns

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    If there was an SCD like device for the Kahr, I would really take it in to consideration. It has much of what else I want, especially in the trigger.

How is the recoil vs the LCP?
    The p380 ergos are SO much better than the LCP. I was honestly shocked at the times and hits. Hard to say about recoil, neither seems very heavy, but the p380 feels much more controllable. And I don’t have to grip it quite as extremely hard. My support hand is still a little pumped from that set of drills though.

Edit: about the SCD. I don’t see the need. You holster it out of the pocket, so there’s not a significant risk of ND.

Site Supporter
    The p380 ergos are SO much better than the LCP. I was honestly shocked at the times and hits. Hard to say about recoil, neither seems very heavy, but the p380 feels much more controllable. And I don’t have to grip it quite as extremely hard. My support hand is still a little pumped from that set of drills though.

Edit: about the SCD. I don’t see the need. You holster it out of the pocket, so there’s not a significant risk of ND.
    The recoil is not bad in the LCP but it causes the gun to move enough in my hand and that I think it makes it seem worse than it might actually be.

A non rimmed super reliable .32 type round might be the king of pocket carry for me if it existed. The P32 had just one step above no recoil when I shot it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    The recoil is not bad in the LCP but it causes the gun to move enough in my hand and that I think it makes it seem worse than it might actually be.

A non rimmed super reliable .32 type round might be the king of pocket carry for me if it existed. The P32 had just one step above no recoil when I shot it.
    Something very close does exist, but it never caught on: the .25 NAA. This cartridge is essentially a rimless .30 caliber case necked down to .25 caliber. Although it was developed with the goal of increasing kinetic energy by driving a lighter bullet faster, the rimless case is far more attractive to me than any theoretical, perhaps dubious claim of improved stoping power.

I rarely see a need for a new caliber, but this one could potentially have been a real reliability enhancer in mouseguns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

And the trigger pull is pretty long and deliberate.

Site Supporter
    I am too cheap for a P380 but this thread is making me think about a CW380. I have a P32 but I am not in love with it because the lack of sights don't work well for me. I dislike the ergos on the LCP.

Mouseguns

P380 front sight paint job. Testors fluorescent orange enamel.

User Tag List