Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast

Thread: Mouseguns

Testing MagGuts +1 spring/follower kits in p380 mags. If these work, I’ll have 7+1 in the gun and 8 in the spare mag.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

A few months ago I picked up a Mauser HSc in 32, and this thread was one of the catalysts for the purchase. It more or less worked at the range; honestly it shot like it had never really been broken in at all, so...

I can't shoot it for shit with two hands, so I guess I need to learn how to shoot it one-handed; you know, like it was designed to be fired, I guess

The Mausers are really cool. I think the HK4 was modeled after them. I love the .32, mild recoil. I wish there more pocket guns offered in .32 ACP today.

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    The Mausers are really cool. I think the HK4 was modeled after them. I love the .32, mild recoil. I wish there more pocket guns offered in .32 ACP today.
    The guy who was responsible for designing (or at least participated in the design of) the Mauser landed at HK post-war, and the HK4 was essentially a product improved HSc...some updates from experimenting during the war on shortening production time and resources (like using a stamped slide; didn't work so well for Walther during wartime resource crunches but perfected post-war), with some other updates.

Site Supporter
    I picked up a Beretta 21A in 22LR last week and ran about 70 CCI Tactical 22s (the ones that are designed for MP-15-22's) through it on Friday. After the Beretta rebate, the gun will be pretty cheap. It is really just a fun gun at this point.

It ran pretty well, with one odd malfunction with (I think) about four rounds left in the magazine. I pulled the trigger, the hammer dropped with no bang. When I flipped up the barrel, the chamber was empty. I'm not sure whether I bumped the magazine release (I'm a lefty), or whether there was rimlock keeping the round from loading.

As I've mentioned in other threads, I do have an injured right hand. I did find the magazine to be a pain to load, especially to 7 rounds. I think I'll get a magazine tool to assist, and maybe just load 6 in the magazine. Racking the slide with the hammer down is a bit of a pain, too, but I don't think there is much need to do it.

For a mag loading tool it looks like maybe this would work?: https://hilljak.com/shop/ols/product...cat-neon-green. Anyone have any other magloader choices?

Funny that this thread popped back up. Yesterday at the funstore I stopped in to check on some things I had consigned; had zero intention of actually spending money.

Then I saw this in one of their out of the way "overflow" cases, and threw my credit card like a ninja star at the guy behind the counter.

...and PF's photo uploads are broken; can't upload anything, even 3x3px 5kb files.

Anyway...it was a 1967-made Walther PPK in 7.65/32ACP, with a little bit of carry wear, and the front sight was painted orange (not that it helps), but otherwise in great condition and shape. Being pre-GCA, it was in all it's unmolested and un-PPK/S glory. And the price was IMO ridiculously good...if it had been a couple hundred more expensive I would have passed on it.

Can't wait to find some time and get it to the range..

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post
    Funny that this thread popped back up. Yesterday at the funstore I stopped in to check on some things I had consigned; had zero intention of actually spending money.

Then I saw this in one of their out of the way "overflow" cases, and threw my credit card like a ninja star at the guy behind the counter.

...and PF's photo uploads are broken; can't upload anything, even 3x3px 5kb files.

Anyway...it was a 1967-made Walther PPK in 7.65/32ACP, with a little bit of carry wear, and the front sight was painted orange (not that it helps), but otherwise in great condition and shape. Being pre-GCA, it was in all it's unmolested and un-PPK/S glory. And the price was IMO ridiculously good...if it had been a couple hundred more expensive I would have passed on it.

Can't wait to find some time and get it to the range..

Name:  IMG_2510-small-small.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  92.5 KB

Name:  IMG_2509-small-small.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  90.6 KB

Finally let me add them..

Comparing it to my Mauser HSc - the Mauser is more in line with the Walther PP it seems (I don't have one of those to compare it to)...the PPK is a good bit smaller. I always kind of thought the HSc would be more comparable to the PPK, but nope. Now I know why the PPK was a prized BUG/hideout piece for as long as it was...I didn't really understand how concealable it was until I got my hands on one.

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    You're all a bunch of enablers.

I saw that a LGS had a Beretta Tomcat for a very reasonable price. I bought it.

I rummaged around in my closet and I have everything I need to load 32ACP on my 550. I have loaded it in the past with Unique and a 71 grain jacketed bullet. I need to make some empty brass.
    Quote Originally Posted by PTSDog View Post
    Awaiting your review on the Tomcat. I hate to drop that much, but it’s on my short list.

I've probably shot around 200 rounds so far. This is a nice little pistol.

I've been looking for a pistol that I can pocket carry in my draw string sweat pants without it pulling my pants off.

I've shot Prvi Partizan 71 grain FMJ, Magtech 71 grain JHP, WW White box 71 grain FMJ flat point and my hand loads with 71 grain Berry RN and Unique powder. It has been 100% on function with all round nose ammo. It's had a couple of failure to feed with JHP and flat point. Velocity was around 750+ FPS with most ammo. My hand loads are a little lighter.

The sights aren't too bad. I painted the front sight orange. The rear is a square notch in a dovetail, so it is possibly changeable. It hits low with all ammo I've shot so far. At 20 yards, I am getting 5" groups about 4" low. 7 yards it's 1.5" low with a nice group. Windage is good.

I shot the Wizard Drill from a pocket holster couple times. The first run was a fail because the shots were low. I ran it again and held the front sight a little up out of the rear notch and it was a pass. The gun is pretty easy to shoot.

Reviews I've read about the Tomcat say that it's chunky. I agree. It weighs 16.55 oz loaded. That's heavier than a loaded 442. It is much more compact though. The butt of a J-Frame will stick out of the pocket of my sweats. The Tomcat will make a nice pocket pistol for regular pants, but a little too heavy for my drawstring sweats. I carried it for a while yesterday and it's not too bad in the sweats, but I could tell it was there.

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post

Reviews I've read about the Tomcat say that it's chunky. I agree. It weighs 16.55 oz loaded. That's heavier than a loaded 442. It is much more compact though. The butt of a J-Frame will stick out of the pocket of my sweats. The Tomcat will make a nice pocket pistol for regular pants, but a little too heavy for my drawstring sweats. I carried it for a while yesterday and it's not too bad in the sweats, but I could tell it was there.
    KT P32 or the gen1 LCP really are the best sweatpants guns. Add a CT laser and/or real sights, along with an Aholster pocket holster, and they are both baller AF for that role.
    https://ruger.com/products/lcp/specSheets/3755.html
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1017882246
    Last edited by jandbj; 11-08-2023 at 10:45 AM.

User Tag List