Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Mouseguns

Mouseguns

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I thought so to, gave it a try and it was an unreliable dog. Seems spotty like most small Kahr's some work and some don't and I can't figure why?

At this point I don't forsee moving on from the LCP MAX. ~1400 trouble free rounds minimal maintenance.
    I was worried about reliability. I’ve avoided Kahr in the past for that reason. After exploring the design of the p380, I have a few observations.

While it’s superficially Glock-like, the gun requires 1911-levels of lubrication. The slide stop-barrel lower lug interface may be important to lube to prevent FTRB. I’m planning on lightly polishing the inside of the lug with a q-tip spun on a drill.

It will not feed reliably with long rounds. I did not observe issues with bullet shape, just OAL and length to ‘ogive’ at the feed ramp.

The nice big slide stop makes reloads easy without slingshotting, but if you bump it while firing, that can cause a malfunction.

The mags are excellent for such a small gun. The length is very generous for 6 rounds, and the springs feed strongly.

Overall, I’m impressed with the design. But, I don’t think it’s as out-of-the box reliable as a Glock.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I think I don’t need a P380.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I think I don’t need a P380.
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    Interesting. I don't think I can get the gun out of my pocket that fast let alone do a clean drill. Part of what i like about my lcp, doesn't NEED a holster. For quick trips during cold weather I just toss it in a pocket of a jacket or sweatshirt.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Some years ago, one of the gun magazines, either Guns or American Handgunner ran a story about how a holsterless p32 and a forgotten keychain led to an accidental discharge at a gas station. Please use a holster.

Quote Originally Posted by JWH View Post
    Some years ago, one of the gun magazines, either Guns or American Handgunner ran a story about how a holsterless p32 and a forgotten keychain led to an accidental discharge at a gas station. Please use a holster.
    I don't carry anything in front pockets except for some loose change and I have 2 pockets for that. The one thing I absolutely cannot stand is anything in front pockets. Anything more than a random paper receipt and some change. Not even a cell phone. I'll carry that in hand all day vs using the front pocket.

There are certain situations when I will front pocket carry a gun for more than a few minutes but those are very very very very very rare. Like maybe once every few years and those involve a holster.

Otherwise its in a jacket pocket or something.

I don't know how much crap people typically carry but except for wallet, gun, and cell phone I'm done. Wallet back pocket. Cell phone in the inside pocket of a jacket or the other back pocket. Gun ISWB.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JWH View Post
    My policy is nothing else should be in the pocket even with a holstered gun. Another reason I prefer a holster is to keep the gun oriented properly. I don't want to go for an emergency draw and find the gun upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    For the AHolster fans, do any of them have any level of retention? I love my AHolster for my G26 but wish it held onto the gun a bit better. The G26 once fell completely out of my pocket while I was lounging on the couch. The pocket retained the holster but the holster didn’t retain the gun. I’m transitioning to a P365 and am looking for a pocket holster. Does anyone know if the P365 AHolster holds on to the gun any better? If not I might have to start looking at leather.
    I have Vedder Pocket Locker holsters for my G42 and G43. It's Kydex and retains the pistol inside the holster very well.

I recently got a PCS Blackbird for the G43. My only complaint with it is I cannot acquire a shooting grip with it. I'll have to trim leather below the trigger guard area to provide enough clearance for my middle finger to slide between the holster and front-strap (my middle knuckle snags on the leather in this area). Once I make the modification I'll spend more time practicing with it. Being a new holster it seems to adequately retain the pistol. That may change with use and wear.

Good luck!

Mouseguns

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    The slide stop-barrel lower lug interface may be important to lube to prevent FTRB. I’m planning on lightly polishing the inside of the lug with a q-tip spun on a drill.
    Confirmed. The p380 now locks into battery smoothly, without the ‘hitch’.

Yes, I’m aware this borders on conflicting with my sigline…

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    My Aholster backbone has some retention for my J frame.

Just talking about what I know about Kydex from a number of experimental endeavors, the friction fit is susceptible to oils and lubricants and wear just like anything else.

The steps to increase tension in them are as follows:
    1. Clean gun and holster with alcohol.
    2. Rough up mating surfaces in the holster with a file if desired.
    3. Localized heat to a hinge point and squeeze a little.

I tend to do a fair amount of heat modification to kydex holsters either to increase or decrease tension.

I personally like a brûlée torch with VERY quick passes in a line that I’m trying to modify. I like it better than a diffuse heat gun because I’m able to heat just a very thin strip for hinge points without turning the side of the holster into a relaxed blob like can happen if you heat too wide of an area with a heat gun.
    I use a heat gun to do the same type mods but to prevent heating the entire holster I mask the rest of the Kydex with cold wet rags, leaving only the area I wish to heat up exposed... It works very well. You could use the same technique with the torch, adding another layer of protection to the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dodson View Post
    I have Vedder Pocket Locker holsters for my G42 and G43. It's Kydex and retains the pistol inside the holster very well.
    Did you get them with thumb tabs? If so, are they a worthwhile upgrade?
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

User Tag List