Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Mouseguns

Name:  EEAFCCB1-D3A6-483E-8688-9465002A18FA.jpg
Views: 803
Size:  57.0 KB

Shoots pretty darn well. Using either the factory “custom” sights or the laser.

Pretty good little gun to carry when you don’t carry a gun.

For the AHolster fans, do any of them have any level of retention? I love my AHolster for my G26 but wish it held onto the gun a bit better. The G26 once fell completely out of my pocket while I was lounging on the couch. The pocket retained the holster but the holster didn’t retain the gun. I’m transitioning to a P365 and am looking for a pocket holster. Does anyone know if the P365 AHolster holds on to the gun any better? If not I might have to start looking at leather.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

What happend to the supposed Ruger .32 “keltec, I guess it would have been basically an LCP in .32. I would love one in .32 as it would be more comfortable to shoot and better than the keltec. Hope they are considering it.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    For the AHolster fans, do any of them have any level of retention? I love my AHolster for my G26 but wish it held onto the gun a bit better. The G26 once fell completely out of my pocket while I was lounging on the couch. The pocket retained the holster but the holster didn’t retain the gun. I’m transitioning to a P365 and am looking for a pocket holster. Does anyone know if the P365 AHolster holds on to the gun any better? If not I might have to start looking at leather.
    From my experience all the Aholsters have little to no retention.
    The PCS Blackbird works well for me with a G26 and a G43.

Name:  IMG_0462.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  39.3 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Pocket holsters can only have a limited amount of retention. Unlike a belt holster, they are not anchored to anything. Too much retention would make drawing the gun unreliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Here's what I use to add a bit of retention to my pocket holster:

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post

LCP Gen2 in Pocket Shark holster (http://discretedefensesolutions.com) with Victor Grippy Gun Band
    http://shop.victorcompanyusa.com/GRI...RIPPY-BAND.htm
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

My Aholster has plenty of retention. I can push it off with my thumb, but only by changing my grip and using the meat of my thumb, not just the distal phalanx. It has a fairly well-defined kydex "pop" when I both insert the gun and draw.

If your AHolster isn't retaining the gun well enough, you might try contacting AHolster about it.

But recognize you're always going to have retention issues with butt heavy "ratguns" like the G26 or 365. Those are big chunks of steel to stick in your pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Here's what I use to add a bit of retention to my pocket holster:
    That’s pretty smart. I’ll give it a try. I think I have a ranger band or two somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    My Aholster has plenty of retention. I can push it off with my thumb, but only by changing my grip and using the meat of my thumb, not just the distal phalanx. It has a fairly well-defined kydex "pop" when I both insert the gun and draw.

If your AHolster isn't retaining the gun well enough, you might try contacting AHolster about it.

But recognize you're always going to have retention issues with butt heavy "ratguns" like the G26 or 365. Those are big chunks of steel to stick in your pocket.
    Interesting. My AHolster has absolutely no retention, whether friction or the kydex pop from being molded around the trigger guard. I’ll reach out to the company. I’m not looking for the same kind of retention you get in a kydex belt holster, but just enough that if I lay down on the couch and roll over, gravity doesn’t pull the gun out of the holster with no resistance.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Mouseguns

I shot a little over 100 rounds through the Kahr p380. I like this gun much better than my LCP 1.2. The ergos are way better: lower bore axis and more grip, yet similar size. The Kahr is actually smaller than the LCP but feels much bigger.

Underwood/Lehigh XP +p 90gr chronoed at 1000fps out of the p380.

The gun still feels a bit unfamiliar. I played with pocket draws and was around 0.6x. A clean 5yd Bill was 2.20s. 0.24 splits seemed manageable even with the long trigger pull.

The sights are usable, and hitting 8” plate at 25 yds was totally doable with some care.

Two mouse thumbs up!

Last edited by Clusterfrack; 12-01-2021 at 12:10 AM.

Here are the parts I’ve added to the Kahr p380:

Tool steel striker
    https://lakelinellc.com/shop/ultimat...r-380-pistols/

Striker guide
    https://gallowayprecision.com/kahr/c...d-p380-pistols

User Tag List