Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Mouseguns

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    So a lot of it is a matter of pants pockets + holster curve. The Nemesis if sat on a table is flat. It'll take a curve after awhile, but it starts out flat and thin. The material doesn't break up the outline of the holster much at all, but when carried in jeans or dark slacks with a heavier fabric, you won't notice.

The AHolster has a curve to it, a bit too much, in my opinion. When sat on a table with the gunside down it will curve up. This helps it fit into pockets like those found in a lot of khakis and outdoor pants. Where the pocket sits lower and more towards the front of the hip.

My hip shape is pretty round and guns are not. So, a holster that matches my hip will make a gun print all day long. Hence, I need a flatter shape with a gentle curve. I added foam to my aholster so it now looks like a big wallet in my front pocket. You can't tell it's a gun, but you can tell it's something.

Pocket Concealment Systems has a nice break down of different shapes for different shape pockets. Like a belt holster, no, in fact like an appendix holster, no unlike any other holster, the pocket holster probably benefits the most from tailoring the cut of the holster to the pocket. The downside to that is potentially needing to practice different drawstrokes.

One benefit to the AHolster, the upper little claw across the top of the gun reliably catches the top edge of a slash pocket. Making for an extremely reliable and fast draw.
    Thanks to you for taking the time to respond.

When you say 'foam' exactly what type are you talking about? From your picture it looks to me as if you fastened the foam to the AHolster using the bottom eyelet, did you also glue or otherwise secure?

Thanks.

I've never had anyone ask me what I'm carrying when I've had my LCP in my pocket. Of course, that doesn't mean someone hasn't made me.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Those are the Prana pants I wear to my combatives group. And I was making the LCP print to show how the Pocket Shark breaks up the outline.

But good point. I may not wear pants that lend themselves to pocket carry of a snubby.

My Old Navy jeans do not inhibit me, I even can squat heavy weights in them. Of course I don’t buy the “why don’t the chicks dig my emaciated legs?” skinny jeans model. The boot cut work really well, and allow for carry of a decent sized revolver. If I had to hike in them, it would be far from the end of the world.

I’m boring and jeans work for me, but I get they don’t work for everyone and they are not everyone’s style.

I've been pocket carrying a Bodyguard (M&P post laser version) as my primary for a couple of years now. I live in a suburb of Boston (and can count on one hand the number of times I've been to the city in ten years) so living the j frame lifestyle works. I'm also in and out of prohibited places quite often so I wanted something that I can stick in my truck safe with minimal fuss. Primary holster is a Nemesis but I also have both square and round bottom holsters from Mika that I use depending on the picket shape of the shorts/pants. I'm usually wearing jeans from LL Bean or shorts from 5.11.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I've been watching a 327 Mag LCR but do I want to spend the money?
    Or you can trade your 432 for my LCR...😉
    I'm looking at moving into the .32 family (have several historic in .32S&W Long) and tried the LCR but it didn't work for me. Now I'm looking for a 432.

Aloha

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Thanks to you for taking the time to respond.

When you say 'foam' exactly what type are you talking about? From your picture it looks to me as if you fastened the foam to the AHolster using the bottom eyelet, did you also glue or otherwise secure?

Thanks.

I've never had anyone ask me what I'm carrying when I've had my LCP in my pocket. Of course, that doesn't mean someone hasn't made me.
    Just high density sheet foam like you can buy at a hobby store. It is only fastened with the screw through the eyelet. This is so it doesn't impede getting a hand on the gun.

Name:  D2DE700C-A704-4A73-928D-D87CF40305DB.jpg
Views: 941
Size:  29.2 KB

Name:  207CDE3D-9C76-4709-990E-A83CC2F1DA4B.jpg
Views: 958
Size:  32.1 KB

Name:  B84F3A57-6299-46E8-889D-431BB0369D94.jpg
Views: 949
Size:  32.3 KB

And just so folks get an idea here is after drawing the gun straight out, the upper kydex hook pulls the holster off:

Name:  6DEE95E3-661F-4B44-A10E-EA3BFEEBDEB1.jpg
Size:  39.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Just high density sheet foam like you can buy at a hobby store. It is only fastened with the screw through the eyelet. This is so it doesn't impede getting a hand on the gun.

Name:  D2DE700C-A704-4A73-928D-D87CF40305DB.jpg
Views: 941
Size:  29.2 KB

Name:  207CDE3D-9C76-4709-990E-A83CC2F1DA4B.jpg
Views: 958
Size:  32.1 KB

Name:  B84F3A57-6299-46E8-889D-431BB0369D94.jpg
Size:  32.3 KB

And just so folks get an idea here is after drawing the gun straight out, the upper kydex hook pulls the holster off:

Name:  6DEE95E3-661F-4B44-A10E-EA3BFEEBDEB1.jpg
Size:  39.8 KB
    Thanks again.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

I've been pocket toting tiny guns for ages, everything from a Glock 27 to a PPK to a pair of Baby Brownings.

My current pocket gun of choice is a Shield 1.0 with CT Lightguard. It's doable, but a bit on the bulky side.

I'm very interested in a S&W Bodyguard .380 as a BUG, as it's not that much bigger than a Baby Browning, but it's got a bit more punch than a .25, and is probably less likely to go bang by accident.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    It is still shown on the Ruger website. Can it be ordered?

Attachment 79896
    Found a like new one with CT laser and 2 mags on funbroker. Cost me $355 shipped.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/915045993

Back down the mouse hole I go.
    Last edited by jandbj; 11-19-2021 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I've been pocket toting tiny guns for ages, everything from a Glock 27 to a PPK to a pair of Baby Brownings.

My current pocket gun of choice is a Shield 1.0 with CT Lightguard. It's doable, but a bit on the bulky side.

I'm very interested in a S&W Bodyguard .380 as a BUG, as it's not that much bigger than a Baby Browning, but it's got a bit more punch than a .25, and is probably less likely to go bang by accident.
    I think @Doc_Glock is running one of those now (IIRC).

Would be interested to see how it compares to the LCP.

Browsing around online I came across a post from October stating the Kel-Tec P3AT will be produced for one more run and then discontinued as they plan to introduce another .380 at SHOT in attempt to compete with Rugers latest offerings. I haven’t been able to locate one from the major online retailers so seems like it’s plausible.

However the P32 will still continue to be produced the post said FWIW.

My "mouseguns" and holsters.

G26.5 in the cordavan. G43 in black.
    Both PCS Blackbirds.

Both look the same in the pants as shown in pic.

Name:  IMG_0462.jpg
Views: 713
Size:  39.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0464.jpg
Views: 717
Size:  39.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0435.jpg
Views: 732
Size:  32.0 KBName:  IMG_0435.jpg
Views: 732
Size:  32.0 KB

I will not carry less than 9mm or smaller than the 43.

User Tag List