Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Mouseguns

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    @Dan Lehr,

Here’s an in pocket pic, trying to show the profile. I think it does break it up a bit.

Gun sits too low. So it prints bad. Needs to be up where leg bends/pelvis area. (In the indent) Likely need different pants.

Site Supporter
    So, it's colder and my standard jacket is a EverTherm Down Jacket from Eddie Bauer. It will handle most unless we get real nasty. It does make a belt based gun hard to get to. You could walk around with it unzipped. Horrors - the Internet says everyone will know I'm a gun nutso. It's ok with a nice heavy flannel shirt when it's 40 deg but colder, I need it zipped.

My area is very, very low crime - but you never know. I don't do convenience stores, but do gas stations in the small nice town. I'll add my SW 432 but here's the problem. The jacket is so light weight - which is why I like it, that if you put the gun in the side pocket and try to draw (with DeSantis pocket holster) the jacket comes up with the gun. Oops. Thus, it goes in my off side pocket - my everyday nasty pants are Duluth various cargo pants which are very comfy and so far ok in the colder weather. Haven't switched to lined pants yet.

I've been watching a 327 Mag LCR but do I want to spend the money. Does carrying full bore 327 get me anything? I note that firing such in a stainless, with hammer, 3 inch SW 632 is rather a BOOM with significant recoil.

If I have to wear my -40 Deg jacket, then that beast is a heavy long garment and no pocket movement complications.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Gun sits too low. So it prints bad. Needs to be up where leg bends/pelvis area. (In the indent) Likely need different pants.
    Those are the Prana pants I wear to my combatives group. And I was making the LCP print to show how the Pocket Shark breaks up the outline.

But good point. I may not wear pants that lend themselves to pocket carry of a snubby.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Question for you guys - I carry my LCP pretty fulltime with a DeSantis Nemesis Holster.

I have tried a ton of pocket holsters and keep coming back to the Nemesis for LCP and LCP max (and now BG380).

For revolvers and G42 I like the Safariland model 25. But I rarely if ever carry those.

While I would never have gone out and paid for one, I won a Taurus TCP .380 as a door price years ago. This one has the blackened stainless slide.
    I guess the angels smiled upon me, because it has functioned 100% so far, 20-, 25-, 50- rounds at a time with ball, Critical Defense, and XTP. Currently using XTP for carry, but I'm interested in the HydraShok Deep when it becomes available.
    It is now a left front pocket BUG at work, as cover garments aren't a thing in that situation. a DeSantis Nemesis behind a PocketShield has solved the magazine releasing in the pocket. A J-frame or LCR would just be too thick to work.

If I were mousegun shopping today, the LCP Max would be at the top of the list.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

You guys have me thinking about buying an XYZ table and milling and drilling a P32 for Glock sights.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    You guys have me thinking about buying an XYZ table and milling and drilling a P32 for Glock sights.
    Innovative arms already does that... The sights are nice enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Innovative arms already does that... The sights are nice enough.
    That’s where I got the idea!

The only real mousegun I now own anymore is a Keltec p32 with the nickel boron slide. I load it with Fiocchi 73gr FMJ and have no issues. I carry it it when I can't carry anything else. It actually shoots really well for what it is. Recoil is very manageable and I can keep all my shots on target at close ranges. I did put a Pachmayr grip sleeve on it and that helps. I pocket carri it in a Desantis Nemesis. pocket holster.

Also the little FMJ penetrates pretty well. https://www.luckygunner.com/fiocchi-...chi-50#geltest I sold all my 380 ACP mouseguns after I purchased this P-32 as it seems to penetrate deeply as needed, holds one more shot than the standard LCP's and the slide stays open on the last shot.

I am glad somebody makes a pistol so small, so light, and so easy to shoot chambered in something that 22lr. Mine has been very reliable so far. Just load it with the longer European FMJ's and you should be OK.

As I type this, I am pocket carrying a Sig 365 in a sticky holster. Not really a mouse gun but I find this set up works for me most of the time as long as I dress around it. Really comfortable way to carry 11 rounds of 9mm in a very shootable pistol. You do need a good belt or suspenders to keep your pants up though.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    @Dan Lehr,

Here’s an in pocket pic, trying to show the profile. I think it does break it up a bit.

Thanks for taking the time to take and post that. I agree.

Most folks probably don't see that silhouette and immediately think 'gun.'
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

User Tag List