Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Mouseguns

Quote Originally Posted by boing View Post
    Yeah, but 10+1 gives me the max allowable in my current state of incarceration, and I need a stack of justifications to replace my P32.
    The desire to be armed with a deadly weapon without any of the attendant burdens or advantages appears to be never ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    I have a question for the group: anyone ever tried a Crossbreed Pocket Rocket?

https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/pocket-rocket.html
    I have their IWB holster for a S&W 5906 which has seen use and holding up pretty good. Never tired that though.

I'd be interested maybe if it was closer to something like this

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    I have their IWB holster for a S&W 5906 which has seen use and holding up pretty good. Never tired that though.

I'd be interested maybe if it was closer to something like this

That kind of defeats the purpose of the looks like a wallet or cellphone feature that caught my eye.

I'm kind of a burly guy...yeah, that's the ticket, burly LOL... and generally run around in loose fitting jeans or shorts. I've tried the plastic mesh silhouette disguising things as well as cutting the corner of an old ensolite(?) sleeping pad attaching the holster to the piece of pad. That works but, in my paranoia, it looks too thick and bulky.

Back in the old days I would just run down to Tandy Leather, get a hunk of the right thickness leather and do it myself, but they've gone the way of the whale.

I think I'll give it a shot. Ordered one.

ETA: I have a CrossBreed Super Tuck for a Shield that works well and has also held up well.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    That kind of defeats the purpose of the looks like a wallet or cellphone feature that caught my eye.

I'm kind of a burly guy...yeah, that's the ticket, burly LOL... and generally run around in loose fitting jeans or shorts. I've tried the plastic mesh silhouette disguising things as well as cutting the corner of an old ensolite(?) sleeping pad attaching the holster to the piece of pad. That works but, in my paranoia, it looks too thick and bulky.

Back in the old days I would just run down to Tandy Leather, get a hunk of the right thickness leather and do it myself, but they've gone the way of the whale.

I think I'll give it a shot. Ordered one.

ETA: I have a CrossBreed Super Tuck for a Shield that works well and has also held up well.
    I could be wrong and if you get it let me know but that holster holds the gun by the inside of the trigger guard. That's where the gun snaps in. The I see it is your not going to get a good grip and pull the gun out without the holster attached.

Let me know how it works out

Will do!
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

I just got an email from Rural King Guns that they have Seecamps available online in 32 and 380. $475 and $550.

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    I just got an email from Rural King Guns that they have Seecamps available online in 32 and 380. $475 and $550.
    I saw that. I got my old .32 one when the wait time was measured in years.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Shot an USPSA style compact carry gun match with a G42. Did ok for accuracy with the stock Glock sights. Slow times, long distances to stroll to etc. Limited by about one extra mag change than the guys with 10 round guns. Interestingly, while it was a 'carry gun' match, most folks tried to use USPSA tactics like planning mag changes and dumping partially full mags. Some of the guns had dots. Lots of bitching about using iron sights - leading to the famous USPSA will get you kilt on DA street. Some Sig 938s, G43s, 26s, Sig 365s with optics.

I asked if anyone had shot this with something like J frame. Interestingly, some of the folks were unfamiliar with that gun. Whaz Dat?

A revolver - oh, does it use moon clips? - so USPSA! I might try the next one with a 642 and a CT laser grip - those are allowed in this match.

Anyway, it was fun. The 42 is a one or two mugger gun of lesser power, IMHO. It was suggested that I get mag extensions - again to make it a pseudo USPSA gun! The tug between competition and carry. I doubt I would get one of the new higher cap 380s as my old hands still can shoot 9s and 45s.

Do you WIN with speed? Or practice with a carry gun within its normal carry paradigm. Then I went to a lecture on Yemeni Jews and had a traditional Yemeni meal! Had the G42 concealed. Then to the supermarket to shop with the list from my dear one.

Home and tired! BTW, raining and cold crappy night.

22/25/32 - No, just no.
    Pocket 380/38snub - If/when one can truly not do better, work (NPE) = Okay
    Pocket 380/38snub - One could do better but chooses not to, ex: unrequired shirt tucking, "good area", "quick trip to the store", "its hot" = Nope
    Pocket 380/38snub - As a 2nd gun (AKA backup) to something better = Okay.
    Strive to carry the handgun you would want anywhere, everywhere; forget that good area bullcrap.
    "Wouldn't want to / Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Pocket draw speed

I was working on pocket draws today to see how easy it is to beat the Correia par time for “Bad guy with eyes on you and weapon presented: average draw speed needed (0.6 sec)”.

If I prepped by pushing the gun out of the holster so it didn’t need to snag on the pocket, I had some very good par times. A relaxed draw to a close target was well under 0.6s. I was able to push it down to 0.41, but that added tension.

Snagging the pocket to remove the holster was consistently slower, barely under par (and consistent with my previous times, quoted below).

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I shot a little over 100 rounds through the Kahr p380. I like this gun much better than my LCP 1.2. The ergos are way better: lower bore axis and more grip, yet similar size. The Kahr is actually smaller than the LCP but feels much bigger.

Underwood/Lehigh XP +p 90gr chronoed at 1000fps out of the p380.

The gun still feels a bit unfamiliar. I played with pocket draws and was around 0.6x. A clean 5yd Bill was 2.20s. 0.24 splits seemed manageable even with the long trigger pull.

The sights are usable, and hitting 8” plate at 25 yds was totally doable with some care.

Two mouse thumbs up!

Last edited by Clusterfrack; 04-07-2022 at 07:45 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List