Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Mouseguns

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    If I can locate a Kahr p380, I'll give it a try. Meanwhile my LCP 1.2 is just fine.

Since USPSA needs more divisions , how about Mousegun division? Special scoring: Points/(Time*Weight).
    I think my LGS has one. There was one there the last time I stopped in.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

If I can locate a Kahr p380, I'll give it a try. Meanwhile my LCP 1.2 is just fine.

Since USPSA needs more divisions , how about Mousegun division? Special scoring: Points/(Time*Weight).
    Since Mouseguns are so weak, I think only A-zone hits should count. I mean let's make it sporting. Since the first Mousegun GM is probably going to be JCN or Les...

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I think my LGS has one. There was one there the last time I stopped in.
    That's encouraging. It doesn't seem like it would be very popular because of the high price tag.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    There's a placeholder in my brain of "that would be cool" to convert a Browning 1911-380 to .32NAA. But that's getting too big for this thread.
    Bullshit...there's no post limit here. [emoji14]
    My heart loves bottleneck pistol cartridges even if my mind knows the juice is rarely worth the squeeze.

Here's a true story involving a baby Browning...

I and my teenage buddy were backpacking in the Sierras. We had heard that there was a really aggressive black bear in the area we were planning to camp at, but there was a mountain we wanted to climb so that's where we set up our tent. Around midnight the bear showed up, and it began to trash our campsite. We did all the standard things--banged pots and pans and yelled, but this only seemed to make the bear angry. It was clearly not afraid of us in any way. I had a little Browning in my pocket, and I figured that I would fire a shot to try to scare it off. As I was getting the gun out, my buddy hit the bear squarely in the head with a softball sized piece of granite. This seriously pissed the bear off and it charged me. I ran, tripped, and lost the gun. As the bear was chasing me, my buddy picked the gun up. When he saw what it was, he screamed "Oh my GOD, it's a GUN!!!" and threw it into the bushes. The bear continued to destroy our campsite, but fortunately didn't seem interested in killing me anymore. After what seemed like an hour but was probably only seconds I found the Browning and fired off a single shot into the ground. The bear immediately stopped, and ran away. My buddy seemed more scared by the gun than by the bear, and continued to give me grief for the rest of the trip.
    "former friend"...

Quote Originally Posted by wmu12071 View Post
    I desperately want to love my P32 and I think the sights are a big part of the problem for me. I saw the sights you had installed and looked into it but I have a hard time justifying the cost of the gun+ in upgrades to a Keltec. The common denominator for me and shooting well seems to be sights so I may do it anyway.
    I put the sights on before Ruger came out with the LCP Max. That's probably a better option now...

The real reason I appreciate the P32 is that it weighs <10oz fully loaded. I can slip it into swimming trunks without it sagging - it's rarely left at home.

32 sucks. 380 sucks. But it is better than nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I am interested in learning more about the LCP max, but otherwise there isn't a lot here to endear any of these mouse guns to me. J frame with snake shot is something I carry part of the year, but in a second (Phlster)AIWB holster, since my front pockets are full. Twenty years ago, I Mexican carried a loved on Colt .380, hammer down behind my hip, under my tucked in shirt, with a 317 in my front pocket, but that was before AIWB was as developed as it is now.
    Bro... You live where there are more bears than people.

Why would you carry a pocket gun?

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I sometimes think of trying to run defensive drills and practice with my NAA but then I sober up.
    Right? Shooting mouseguns for drills is just no fun...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I think your memory is playing tricks on you.

I have one and it’s heavy and kind of clunky.

The PM9 trigger is better and the Boberg is actually kind of a heavy gun.

Would take a P365 over a Boberg any day of the week.

It’s also larger than the mouse gun definition in the first post.
    It's no larger than a PM9. Maybe a bit smaller. I like the Kahr trigger (I have a K9) but it doesn't feel like a "real" DA to me. The Boberg did (and is). Had a good feel in the hand, too--weight notwithstanding.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Bro... You live where there are more bears than people.

Why would you carry a pocket gun?
    Arizona doesn’t have *that* many bears. That other state that starts and ends with A that George and Charlie spend part of the year in, on the other hand, doesn’t have that many snakes, so ...

User Tag List