Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Mouseguns

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    I really want to handle one but, for the cost and resale market, I may just order one. Seems like a pretty good fit for my “LCR Dad Life”.
    Speaking of dad life, it’s a great gun to wear when outside chasing my daughter. .380 ain’t my favorite round for self defense but I’m not to worried about other people while I’m my back yard. Stray dogs on the other hand are a big problem around here.

Mouseguns

Kahr P380 update:

Another mostly trouble free 200 rounds. With new recoil springs, weak PMC ammo had 2 stovepipes.

After ~200 rounds, the striker hole got gritty, and caused 2 light strikes. Cleaning is more important than with a Glock, apparently.

Chambering the first round is best done from slide lock, by releasing the slide stop. Otherwise the round can nosedive.

The slide is too stiff for many people to rack. No female has succeeded.

The gun shoots way better than any mousegun I’ve tried. A buddy and I ran it on a short two position USPSA type drill with 10-15yd partials and 8” steel. Yes, it takes a little longer to stabilize and confirm sights on the hard targets, but our points and times weren’t that much worse than with full size guns with RDS.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 01-02-2022 at 04:58 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Since Karhs have been brought up...

What's the difference between P-series and the budget C-series? Is it more substantive than the MIM slide stop? I ask because I didn't know the CT380 existed. It's like a DAO Glock 42X. There is no analogous "big" P380.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post

What's the difference between P-series and the budget C-series? Is it more substantive than the MIM slide stop? I ask because I didn't know the CT380 existed. It's like a DAO Glock 42X. There is no analogous "big" P380.
    I have had a PM9 and Cw9 as well as still have a P380 and CW380. These are basic the same guns to each other in the same caliber. The C series uses a regular rifled barrel where the P series uses polygonal rifling. The C series uses the MIM slide stop vs the P series being cast. The C series has less slide machining on edges and stamped markings. The P series has a smoother finish machining and roll stamping for markings. Otherwise the guns are the same. My C series runs the same or a touch better than the P series but both have run almost flawlessly so that is splitting hairs.

Just FYI Kahr states in their manual that the proper way to chamber a round is to use the slide lever and not slingshot the slide. I always found that odd but it works where slingshoting the slide often causes nose down feeding issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Kahr P380 update:
    The gun shoots way better than any mousegun I’ve tried. A buddy and I ran it on a short two position USPSA type drill with 10-15yd partials and 8” steel. Yes, it takes a little longer to stabilize and confirm sights on the hard targets, but our points and times weren’t that much worse than with full size guns with RDS.
    Just to clarify: hit factor was about 50% with the mouse gun.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    Speaking of dad life, it’s a great gun to wear when outside chasing my daughter. .380 ain’t my favorite round for self defense but I’m not to worried about other people while I’m my back yard. Stray dogs on the other hand are a big problem around here.
    I’ve come to really, specifically, like the pocket, and sometimes the ankle for the acrobatics of toddler-wrangling. Even more so since at 6’5” most of shirts ride up fairly easily. I’m pretty comfortable with two LCRs but will probably have an LCP Max on order by the end of the month.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Current mousegun selection…

Attachment 81833

Attachment 81834

For reference….

Attachment 81835

Attachment 81836
    I have to know... what is it like shooting that Taurus? That has to be a handful... even with wadcutters. I was always curious about that gun.

Quote Originally Posted by SecondHandSmoke View Post
    I have to know... what is it like shooting that Taurus? That has to be a handful... even with wadcutters. I was always curious about that gun.

I only shot wimpy ammo in it and really it’s just a replacement for my NAA Minis. You don’t really try and control the recoil as much as shoot and reset lol.

Someday I’ll try some up close steel with frangible using left hand pocket draw the way I am currently carrying it.

I like the shorter grip for not sticking out of shallower dress pant pockets.

I have a second one coming to the FFL and then can really get into working it.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Kahr P380 update:

Another mostly trouble free 200 rounds. With new recoil springs, weak PMC ammo had 2 stovepipes.

After ~200 rounds, the striker hole got gritty, and caused 2 light strikes. Cleaning is more important than with a Glock, apparently.

Chambering the first round is best done from slide lock, by releasing the slide stop. Otherwise the round can nosedive.

The slide is too stiff for many people to rack. No female has succeeded.

Thanks for confirming that I will stick with the BG380 for a DAO mousegun. It has been zero drama so far.

Kahrs do have very nice triggers though

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    I have had a PM9 and Cw9 as well as still have a P380 and CW380. These are basic the same guns to each other in the same caliber. The C series uses a regular rifled barrel where the P series uses polygonal rifling. The C series uses the MIM slide stop vs the P series being cast. The C series has less slide machining on edges and stamped markings. The P series has a smoother finish machining and roll stamping for markings. Otherwise the guns are the same. My C series runs the same or a touch better than the P series but both have run almost flawlessly so that is splitting hairs.

Just FYI Kahr states in their manual that the proper way to chamber a round is to use the slide lever and not slingshot the slide. I always found that odd but it works where slingshoting the slide often causes nose down feeding issues.
    One other difference that comes to mind is that the CW-series guns have a plastic front sight that is staked via 2 holes in the slide, whereas the P-series has the same steel dovetailed front sight of the K-series guns.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List