Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Proper dovetailed tritium front sight installation?

I’m disgusted enough that I said screw it - the orange really isn’t bright enough anyways. I have a set of Ameriglo Protectors (I guess they lost the rights to Hackathorn branding) on the way, they are my usual sight anyways.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Pressed on the Ameriglo front today (after confirming they approve using a pusher on the side of the blade) and had no problems. The orange is much, much better too.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Site Supporter
    Changed my Sig P229 factory front sight to a Trijicon HD XR Orange Ring yesterday. I agree that the Sig sights are tight in the dovetail. The aluminum Dawson punch wasn't doing it and I had to resort to a steel punch on the base of the factory sight. I had to fit the new sight, and even then it was tight. Definitely not moving.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    Changed my Sig P229 factory front sight to a Trijicon HD XR Orange Ring yesterday. I agree that the Sig sights are tight in the dovetail. The aluminum Dawson punch wasn't doing it and I had to resort to a steel punch on the base of the factory sight. I had to fit the new sight, and even then it was tight. Definitely not moving.
    I paid a lot of attention to the dovetail direction - mine definitely wanted to be installed left to right. Which side for yours?
    Ken

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I paid a lot of attention to the dovetail direction - mine definitely wanted to be installed left to right. Which side for yours?
    Left to Right as well. Mine won't be moving on it's own.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

User Tag List