Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Need Ankle Holster Recommendations

I Need Ankle Holster Recommendations

It's time to replace my 20 year old Renegade ankle holster.
    I don't see as many options as I expected, and many are obviously junk.

What are y'all wearing? It'll need to fit a 365XL with an optic, and need to fit at the top of or above my 6" Danner boots. I've found some quality holsters won't fit around the boot or my larger than normal calf and they don't have a Velcro expansion piece.

The Alien Gear Shapeshifter looks promising, but I'm not impressed with their other holsters.

Thanks!

I'll have to double check but I ran with a Galco ankle glove with calf strap running a S&W 442 for years on duty. Worked perfectly even including extended foot chase on frozen ground with top inch mud. The officer behind me slipped and fell separating his shoulder. I never had it slide down, come loose or the gun not be solid and secure. This is the neoprene wrap with sheepskin padding and leather holster with thumb break. I think I still have it.

I switched to vest carry and Kahr PM9 for the second half of my career.

I’ve used Desantis Die Hard ankle holsters (j-frame and Glock 43) for years and really like them. However, you may have trouble finding something to accommodate an optic.

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    I'll have to double check but I ran with a Galco ankle glove with calf strap running a S&W 442 for years on duty. Worked perfectly even including extended foot chase on frozen ground with top inch mud. The officer behind me slipped and fell separating his shoulder. I never had it slide down, come loose or the gun not be solid and secure. This is the neoprene wrap with sheepskin padding and leather holster with thumb break. I think I still have it.

I switched to vest carry and Kahr PM9 for the second half of my career.
    I carried a G26 in the Galco for many years and it wore very well. Comfortable and secure.

I don't know, however, if they have a model for the OP's setup or not.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I don't know how this will interact with your boots and I use an ankle holster very very very rarely but this one has worked great for me after trying a few of the traditional ones

https://bugbiteholsters.com/the-bugbite-holster/

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I carried a G26 in the Galco for many years and it wore very well. Comfortable and secure.

Looks like they offer one.

https://www.galcogunleather.com/ankl..._8_6_1019.html

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

They do!

Quote Originally Posted by iWander View Post
    It's time to replace my 20 year old Renegade ankle holster.
    I don't see as many options as I expected, and many are obviously junk.

What are y'all wearing? It'll need to fit a 365XL with an optic, and need to fit at the top of or above my 6" Danner boots. I've found some quality holsters won't fit around the boot or my larger than normal calf and they don't have a Velcro expansion piece.

The Alien Gear Shapeshifter looks promising, but I'm not impressed with their other holsters.

Thanks!
    If you're already happy with the Renegade, might want to just stick with the copy from Wilderness:

https://www.thewilderness.com/ankle-holsters/
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    If you're already happy with the Renegade, might want to just stick with the copy from Wilderness:

https://www.thewilderness.com/ankle-holsters/
    This! I have ankle rigs for both and of all the non-custom holsters available, the Wilderness/Renegade is the most robust.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Site Supporter
    DeSantis and Galco make extenders that allow those of us with larger legs to wear ankle holsters.

G&G makes the BootLock which laces the holster to the boot itself. I believe I read they are or were standard issue for the Georgia State Patrol.

While I've never seen one in the wild, Original SWAT just introduced a boot that incorporates a holster for a single-stack pistol.

User Tag List