Thread: Poll - 1911 Frame Material Preferences for Carry

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Ed Brown 9mm 1911 mags.
    100% flawless feeding.
    That's my experience so far too.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Just in case I'm the lone voice, I really prefer 1911s of all shapes and sizes in .45. I carry them and shoot them in classes regularly.
    A Government Model 45 is still my favorite pistol to shoot, though 9mm in a 1911 is plenty fun.

I have a couple of 38 Super guns mostly because back when 9mm and 45ACP were difficult to get there was plenty of 38 Super available at close to normal prices for about a solid half a year and I stocked up on it. I finally have a couple 9mm Commanders that seem really solid so they've been getting a lot of use lately -- and one will probably become my carry gun soon if they keep running with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I'm experimenting with this concept as well, and evaluating my 9mm LW Champion and all-SS .45 Commander. I can say so far that the heavier frame (and magazine stack) is more noticeable OWB than IWB @~3:30.
    A further data point: A Kramer pancake scabbard supports and/or distributes the weight of the SS .45 Commander much better than the Galco Speed Master 2.0 w/belt loop. Enough so that my desire for a Springfield Ronin LWC has cooled somewhat.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    A further data point: A Kramer pancake scabbard supports and/or distributes the weight of the SS .45 Commander much better than the Galco Speed Master 2.0 w/belt loop. Enough so that my desire for a Springfield Ronin LWC has cooled somewhat.
    I carried a 4" redhawk in a Kramer holster for a year. Kramer makes good stuff.
    Name:  15539594331572013558633_jpg-895089.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  36.3 KB

I have been toting my RO Elite in a Tenicor Certum3 for just about a year now.
    The Certum comes with a warning that it will cause finish wear. I was aware of that when I bought it, and the svelte carry of this holster outweigh the wear.

What I have come to see is that the Black-T finish wears more than I thought it would, but there's no wear on the alloy frame. I get that there's different contact points, but the fact that there's no wear on the frame is odd.

Name:  20211121_102100.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  41.1 KB
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

User Tag List