Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "New" holster maker - Warcat Tactical

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Where are they manufactured?
    Idaho.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by 23JAZ View Post
    So they have a 43X version but not a G48!? That makes sense.
    Well a 43 and 43X are likely the same holster. The 48 holster would be longer. That said, I did go there expecting to be disappointed with no 92 Compact holster, but expecting to pick up a 48 holster.

Site Supporter

Warcat Tactical Holsters review

BLUF: Better than Uncle Mike's/Fobus and worth the money.

I ordered 4 holsters on the Saturday the 12th. AIWB: P365, P365XL OWB: P365XL, G19.

Received shipping notification on the 13th, and received the package on the 16th. Didn't pick it up until early this morning.

Overall, they are decent. They cover the trigger completely, I couldn't get my finger inside the holster to pull the trigger, and with retention corrected, they passed the shake test. Cosmetically, they have some mold/tooling marks, but no sharp edges.

On the 2 AIWBs, the retention was fine out the box. On the G19 OWB, it was too loose and I have it cranked down to about the limit. On the P365XL OWB it was the opposite and way too tight. I had to loosen it so there is only about 1 turn left holding the retention screw in (if that makes sense), so if I ever decide to use this for anything besides the range, I would look for a longer screw.

I did a few draws with a mastermind belt with all the holsters. They all stayed attached to the belt. The AIWB clips are bulky and I would guess not that strong, but since I replace all my clips with PTD loops, not an issue for me. I haven't done that yet, but it looks like there is enough room to make the swap.

I actually ordered a non MRDS OWB for the P365XL and confirmed that on my order email and packing slip, but they obviously sent the MRDS version. I emailed customer support so I'll report back on their customer service.

So far, I'd say worth the money. Better quality than an Uncle Mike or Fobus, but slightly below Concealment Express (but half the price). Obviously, no where near the quality of a JM Custom.

ETA: 55 minutes after sending an email to their support address, received an email from Customer Service with an order for the correct OWB holster and an email from a rep apologizing for the issue and that they were sending a pre-paid return label. Very good service to me in this day.

Name:  DSCN0985.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  99.3 KB
    Last edited by SiriusBlunder; 11-18-2021 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    So they offer the holsters for a red dot, but the holsters won’t accommodate suppressor height sights.

Oooookay then.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I just noticed that. I may need to cancel the order.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    The company confirmed the version with the hood does not work with suppressor height sights, it wasn’t a website error. Mine will be going back unopened.
    My Glock 45 with suppressor height sights fit with no issue.

Name:  20211125_100722.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  65.2 KB

Name:  20211125_100731.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  53.4 KB

After messing around with them a bit this morning:

IWB holster: Decent and a good value at the current pricing. You can tell it’s not a top tier holster due to missing small touches but it’s perfectly serviceable. The clip is garbage tier, though, and swapping that out would greatly improve the holster. Including the junk pad was a nice touch. The claw is straight and not stepped, a stepped one helps tuck the grip in more, but it works.
    With the Glock 43X, you can get a good grip with the holster at any ride height. With the Glock 45, you have to go raise it to the middle ride or you can’t get a good grip.

OWB holster: Not quite junk tier, but close. Only the highest ride height and adding a cant lets you get your thumb anywhere near the grip to establish your grip on the draw. You’re going to mash the giant clip and sweat guard with your thumb and/or web of your hand. I don’t mind the higher ride, though I doubt I would use this holster for anything but a range day.

Despite what the manufacturer says, at least some suppressor height sights work. My Glock 45 worked with no issue.

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBlunder View Post
    they passed the shake test.
    The shake test is not a thing, it's something people used to do because they thought it meant something and added 20 seconds to their YouTube "reviews".

You should be determining how your holster retention feels when all things that affect it are accounted for. The adjustments, if any, on the holster are only one element. How the body interacts in a variety of positions can take a loose holster and make it too tight. How a holster feels when standing may vary when seated, and may vary more if you're on the ground in some contorted position. This will also change from person to person as our waist sizes vary, body composition varies, and ultimately how much our waist shape changes and tightens or loosens the belt as we move around.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    The shake test is not a thing, it's something people used to do because they thought it meant something and added 20 seconds to their YouTube "reviews".

You should be determining how your holster retention feels when all things that affect it are accounted for. The adjustments, if any, on the holster are only one element. How the body interacts in a variety of positions can take a loose holster and make it too tight. How a holster feels when standing may vary when seated, and may vary more if you're on the ground in some contorted position. This will also change from person to person as our waist sizes vary, body composition varies, and ultimately how much our waist shape changes and tightens or loosens the belt as we move around.
    The shake test is a thing for me. By departmental policy any holster that can't pass it is not approved. The right or wrong of the matter is beyond my control. I would suspect I'm not alone in this in the police world.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    The shake test is a thing for me. By departmental policy any holster that can't pass it is not approved. The right or wrong of the matter is beyond my control. I would suspect I'm not alone in this in the police world.
    What about WML holsters?

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    What about WML holsters?
    Any holster.

Any retention devices are left in place, though. Hoods, thumb straps, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Any holster.

Any retention devices are left in place, though. Hoods, thumb straps, etc.
    If you can share, what is the criteria for the "shake"? I'm curious how the "shakes" are kept consistent.

I'll also assume that this is one of those policies that can't be strayed from, no matter how much logic is applied?

User Tag List