• It must be alloy or polymer framed

9 12.33%
  • It must be steel framed

11 15.07%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Required features for *your* carry revolver

Site Supporter
    If you keep this up you're going to make me think I NEED something else... And I don't.... Seriously I have my NEEDS covered. I think. LOL

Name:  Smith Family Photo.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  46.2 KB
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  63.2 KB

Since buying the Colt King Cobra, it’s joined my 642 as an EDC. The KC is on the waist, and the 642 in my jacket pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    So far, the 2 inch version I have is absolutely my favorite carry gun ever. It's everything I already liked about LCRs but with one more round.
    @jetfire

What's the recoil comparable to?
    Last edited by blues; 11-12-2021 at 05:22 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    @jetfire

What's the recoil comparable to?
    While not Caleb, shooting the Buffalo Bore .32 Long WCs out of friends felt like shooting .38 S&W out of my aunts No 3 lemon squeezer. So very negligible and I think that’s the load that DB likes.

True .327 mags felt just like .357 mags and wouldn’t make for a long range session.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    While not Caleb, shooting the Buffalo Bore .32 Long WCs out of friends felt like shooting .38 S&W out of my aunts No 3 lemon squeezer. So very negligible and I think that’s the load that DB likes.

True .327 mags felt just like .357 mags and wouldn’t make for a long range session.
    Thanks for that, brother.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Please oh please Ruger make what I want (and I bet a few others also). A DAO six shot SP101 with a bobbed hammer.

I only voted for the one thing that did not have a “must” in it. A 2” to 3” barrel is OK, but is not an absolute, unless I am carrying AIWB, and, at this time, AIWB is not my primary carry method. At AOWB, or at 0300, I may well carry 4”.

All-steel is something that I generally favor, but, I just might buy an S&W Model 12, if I can find a really well-preserved 12-3, or newer, and, I would pay attention if someone were to start making a truly-well-crafted titanium-framed carry revolver. I know little about the Ruger LCR series, but seem to recall that there may be some polymer involved. If DB is OK, with LCR revolvers, I am OK with LCR revolvers. I already use SP101, GP100, and Speed Six revolvers, so, obviously like Rugers.

For reference, I have largely defaulted to revolvers, for primary carry guns, since retiring from LEO-ing. I actually mostly carried G17 Glocks, during the early part of retirement, 2018 into 2019, but gradually reverted to favored revolvers, and by 2020, with the panic-demic limiting my trigger time, it became necessary to use revolvers, as I need frequent live-fire practice to maintain confident in my ability to shoot Glocks. I built an enormous foundation of long-stroke double-action skill, in the Eighties and Nineties, when I used revolvers as duty handguns, and this remains my least-perishable trigger sill set.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

The thing about the full-power .327 Feds: they recoil about like 110gr .357–both a good and bad thing, depending upon the launcher you choose—but the hidden ass-kicker is the blast. Full-power 100 grainers from a revolver are, like, pinned 14-16” AR loud. That’s no joke indoors.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    The thing about the full-power .327 Feds: they recoil about like 110gr .357–both a good and bad thing, depending upon the launcher you choose—but the hidden ass-kicker is the blast. Full-power 100 grainers from a revolver are, like, pinned 14-16” AR loud. That’s no joke indoors.
    Like the amount of recoil a "puny" round can generate when launched from a light enough gun, the bark from full-house .327 Federal is something that will surprise a lot of people.

("The reality of this is different than what I THOUGHT it would be," said the cat ruefully.)
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    If you keep this up you're going to make me think I NEED something else... And I don't.... Seriously I have my NEEDS covered. I think. LOL

Name:  Smith Family Photo.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  46.2 KB
    Nah, everybody needs one more revolver.

User Tag List