52 71.23%
  • It must be alloy or polymer framed

9 12.33%
  • It must be steel framed

11 15.07%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Required features for *your* carry revolver

I could (and have) carried .45 ACP and .357 happily (with careful bullet selection) but bigger IS better or at least somewhat faster killing in my experience.
    I'd be perfectly content with a 500 JRH or a .480 Ruger in a short single action if it wasn't for the slower reload times. So my choices involve major compromise that covers a wide range of ground, none of it perfectly.

Quite satisfied with my S&W model 13, 3" heavy barrel, round butt .357.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    So bobbing the hammer might cause light strikes an LCR? I’m not the brightest bulb and when it comes to physics, I do my best!

Why are bobbed hammers on S&Ws non issues?
    I seriously doubt it.

Bobbing decreases mass, but increases the velocity of the hammer.

IDK if he still does it, but gunsmith Mike Carmoney used to remove almost the entire back half of S&W hammers on his competition guns (known as the “Carmonized” hammer.)

They’re verboten in IDPA major matches because it allows the hammer/trigger to function with the cylinder open.

I don’t suggest getting that radical on a carry gun, but it’ll still go bang, and the reduced mass contributes to a lighter DA pull.

The poll should have two options one for pocket carry and one for belt carry. For me those are two entirely different guns although I do waist carry a j if Im in sweats.
    I’d really like to see a Scandium 357 or 9mm K frame, with a 3” barrel and carry comp 6 shot option as well as a similar option for 38 Special with aluminum frame and no carry comp.
    Replaceable front sight option for both and adjustable sights.
    Steel trainers for both.
    I have a dream…😎😁… that will likely never happen. And if they built that its gonna be expensive. They would probably sell in the tens.
    Last edited by UNK; 12-09-2021 at 03:10 PM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I wholeheartedly agree with some of the earlier posters that extolled the virtues of the D frame sized revolver. They are only slightly bigger than a J frame/LCR, easier to carry than a medium frame revolver (K/L frame), easier to shoot than most pocket revolvers, and they hold six rounds. The perfect carry revolver size in my eyes.

My ideal carry revolver would be a quality S&W or Ruger competitor to the 856, K6S, Cobra/King Cobra, and Charter Police Undercover.

Stainless, fixed sights, three inch barrel, hearty ejector rod, and chambered in .38 Special (.357 Magnum would be fine as well).

5've been on this journey since 2014. I've been through the Smith 640 Pro, the Ruger SP 101 WC, the Kimbers 2 and 3 inch. I've reduced it down to a Colt KC 3" with 38/44 level loads or Remington Golden Sabers 125s in 357 which the KC shoots to POA. Six shot, 3", with great grips. Only complaint with the Kimbers were the grips, just couldn't get the right purchase. The Smith 640 while I loved the gun the sights were wonky in POA/POI was never the same, and the gun was load finicky.

Colt KC has the 3" barrel, brass bead front sight, six shot, and Magnum capability, with great grips, great size and weight. Done Deal!

I've not read the whole thread, but if it hasn't been mentioned: must accept a red dot sight for any new design that isn't a pocket gun.
    My apologies to weasels.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    The thing about the full-power .327 Feds: they recoil about like 110gr .357–both a good and bad thing, depending upon the launcher you choose—but the hidden ass-kicker is the blast. Full-power 100 grainers from a revolver are, like, pinned 14-16” AR loud. That’s no joke indoors.
    Useful point of reference. Thanks!
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by 314159 View Post
    I've not read the whole thread, but if it hasn't been mentioned: must accept a red dot sight for any new design that isn't a pocket gun.
    Blasphemous!

User Tag List