Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why does Ohio suck so badly to drive through?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I was in the left lane on I-70 between Indianapolis and Terre Haute. I was four cars behind a truck passing another at a relative speed of two furlongs per fortnight. To my rear were cars and SUVs as far as I could see.

Not my favorite stretch of road. I juked through Kentucky once to avoid it.
    *ahem*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg4psqXicRs

I was in the left lane on I-70 between Indianapolis and Terre Haute. I was four cars behind a truck passing another at a relative speed of two furlongs per fortnight. To my rear were cars and SUVs as far as I could see.

Not my favorite stretch of road. I juked through Kentucky once to avoid it.
    The rolling roadblock is a thing in Ohio. Up until maybe 10 yrs ago, they used to actually have different posted speed limits for trucks vs. cars (truck speed limit was 5 or 10 mph lower). I think they got used to it and still drive that way. I hate it.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by 43Under View Post
    The rolling roadblock is a thing in Ohio. Up until maybe 10 yrs ago, they used to actually have different posted speed limits for trucks vs. cars (truck speed limit was 5 or 10 mph lower). I think they got used to it and still drive that way. I hate it.
    In CA, a truck and anything with a trailer has a max of 55 mph. Even on roads that are posted 70 where most vehicles travel at 85-90. A buddy of mine once got a ticket for 63 mph on I-5 in a 70 mph zone a little south of Bakersfield.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    In CA, a truck and anything with a trailer has a max of 55 mph. Even on roads that are posted 70 where most vehicles travel at 85-90. A buddy of mine once got a ticket for 63 mph on I-5 in a 70 mph zone a little south of Bakersfield.
    California has more laws than other states, you say.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    90% of the world's worst drivers live in Ohio, specifically between South Point and Cleveland. Which would be fine if they only drove there. Fuckers cross the river into WV and how they drive does not mesh with how we drive. I live within shooting distance of the Ohio river and am always baffled how people who live that close to us can drive that fucked up.

The only upside is that northern Kentuckians hate em too and between us there are plenty of good memes about our shitty driving neighbors.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    90% of the world's worst drivers live in Ohio, specifically between South Point and Cleveland. Which would be fine if they only drove there. Fuckers cross the river into WV and how they drive does not mesh with how we drive. I live within shooting distance of the Ohio river and am always baffled how people who live that close to us can drive that fucked up.

The only upside is that northern Kentuckians hate em too and between us there are plenty of good memes about our shitty driving neighbors.
    Ha! Have you ever driven I-95 in south Florida? They give free licenses to people who promise to do 45 in the left lane.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I think it’s right about at Indiana/Ohio where drivers completely blank out on “stay right except to pass and move over for faster approaching vehicles”.
    If you were down on I-70 they would be doing you a favor by holding you back from the Trooper that is ALWAYS trolling the last turn-around before Richmond.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Ha! Have you ever driven I-95 in south Florida? They give free licenses to people who promise to do 45 in the left lane.
    Must be the Ohio retirees who moved to Florida. 😆

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    California has more laws than other states, you say.
    I think you meant "California has more laws than all other states-combined."😁

You're all wrong, it's Michigan drivers that are the scourge of the freeways, and Northern Ohio is a great place to live.

User Tag List