Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why does Ohio suck so badly to drive through?

Why does Ohio suck so badly to drive through?

Troopers everywhere (no, I haven't gotten a speeding ticket in years), really shitty and passive aggressive drivers, high gas prices at their stupid state-ran rest stops, work zones on toll roads I paid to drive upon, and more work zones. Lots and lots of work zones.

Ohio is kind of a shock to your senses when driving East after the lovely driving manners and much better roads of the West. I literally lost count of work zones after 20-something on I-90 on Monday, it was maddening. After a while people just stopped slowing down for them because every single one was unmanned. Me, I followed behind at a safe distance. I honestly never thought I'd be so glad to cross over in Pennsylvania.
    #RESIST

I usually veer off in Cleveland, so I always gas up at the Love’s between the ends of the IN and OH toll roads. I try to only leave piss in OH. That said, I actually like the state.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Troopers everywhere (no, I haven't gotten a speeding ticket in years), really shitty and passive aggressive drivers, high gas prices at their stupid state-ran rest stops, work zones on toll roads I paid to drive upon, and more work zones. Lots and lots of work zones.

Ohio is kind of a shock to your senses when driving East after the lovely driving manners and much better roads of the West. I literally lost count of work zones after 20-something on I-90 on Monday, it was maddening. After a while people just stopped slowing down for them because every single one was unmanned. Me, I followed behind at a safe distance. I honestly never thought I'd be so glad to cross over in Pennsylvania.
    It pains me greatly to have no defense to offer. The real problem is that you were driving in northern Ohio, where people shouldn't live. Southern Ohio is beautiful. That's where people should live in Ohio. I might move there myself when the wife's horse kicks the bucket (damn thing will probably outlive me, especially if the wife reads this post). Glad you got through in one piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    It pains me greatly to have no defense to offer. The real problem is that you were driving in northern Ohio, where people shouldn't live. Southern Ohio is beautiful. That's where people should live in Ohio. I might move there myself when the wife's horse kicks the bucket (damn thing will probably outlive me, especially if the wife reads this post). Glad you got through in one piece.
    Solid agree on the bolded.
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

The orange barrel needs to be our state symbol. If you ever get to the London / Plain City / Dublin area, I'll introduce you to our roundabouts. You haven't seen confusion until a new driver enters a 5 way roundabout. Good times I tell you.
    Taking a break from social media.

I think it’s right about at Indiana/Ohio where drivers completely blank out on “stay right except to pass and move over for faster approaching vehicles”.
    #RESIST

When I first started reading your post I was confused, then I saw I-90. Ya, the rest of the state, especially the southern part, isn’t as bad. And our troopers only handle traffic stuff (with the exception of a small number of Investigators who handle investigations in state facilities) so they’re usually thick as thieves on the interstates. Plus there’s a lot of dope moving up and down I-90.

But construction zones are everywhere in OH and they all suck.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I think it’s right about at Indiana/Ohio where drivers completely blank out on “stay right except to pass and move over for faster approaching vehicles”.
    Oh,... so basically exactly like Tennessee (Chattanooga to Knoxville anyway).

The interstates are all flat and straight yet the speed limits are still 65 (or at least they were the last time I drove through). And the lanes are narrow so traffic backs up.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I was in the left lane on I-70 between Indianapolis and Terre Haute. I was four cars behind a truck passing another at a relative speed of two furlongs per fortnight. To my rear were cars and SUVs as far as I could see.

Not my favorite stretch of road. I juked through Kentucky once to avoid it.

User Tag List