Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to me S&W 625-6

I used Sierra 240 gr JHC in stout loads as they have a cannelure to crimp into. Sierra has some excellent .45 Auto loads for revolvers only. For increased idiot resistance, I loaded them in new Starline .45 Auto Rim cases so my 1911 would not be at risk. You can easily get into moderate .45 Colt velocity. You're gonna love that 625!

Picked it up the other day. Very good shape, hint of a turn line and locks up good. The seller sent 1 moon clip with the gun, I got a demooning tool and took the gun to the range the other day. I shot some 200gr SWC with SR7625 and they worked great. I ordered a package of the rimz clips and 4 packs of the Ranch moon clips. I am gonna order some AR brass from Starline and just wait for it to come in.

I've only shot mine once, but it seems to be a gun that gets a lot of attention at my range, anyway. I bought a bunch of the Speed Beez moonclips, and so far, the gun is great in very way. For some reason, my pic has disappeared from Imageshack...hmmm.

Site Supporter

Enjoy!

My 625 is great fun. I just shoot whatever I've loaded for my 1911s. A "lock delete" kit has been my only modification: https://www.originalprecision.com/lock-delete-kit.html. I've experienced a few failures to fire using the Rimz plastic moon clips. The metal clips run perfectly. Enjoy your new pistola!

Name:  20211011_115520.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  101.5 KB

User Tag List