Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Excellent DB, Cecil, Haggard (etc.) Podcast

Excellent episode and I learned a lot from it!

This is from DB. Since he is not happy with the internet in general, he asked me to post. Apparently a bunch of people have been blowing up his phone wanting his input about this.

My observation about the encounters and shootings not being what they envisioned was that the problems themselves were chaotic, often difficult to assess and had a lot of weird variables and ancillary issues. The actual “shooting” part of the solution was usually fairly simple and not horribly taxing if we were to replicate the marksmanship problem on a one dimensional paper target on a range. The chaos was the why to shoot, what to shoot at, and most importantly when to shoot and when to stop.
    For most people they envision a front door kicked in, robbery at an ATM, or something like that. Cops envision similar stuff. Robbery at 7-11, gun pulled on a car stop, etc. Some are that simple. Most end up being some sort of crazy dynamic that just spirals into utter chaos. The force application then needs to get very fundamental at that point and as simple and clean as possible. “
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I have it on authority that this is indeed a thing in certain training circles. Back to @Cecil Burch, since I believe he and one of his buddies, Glen Stilson, have taught on this very topic.

That is true. In our Close Contact Handgun course, we introduce and have people add in handhelds to the rest of MUC and let them see how exponentially it helps the entire process.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    That is true. In our Close Contact Handgun course, we introduce and have people add in handhelds to the rest of MUC and let them see how exponentially it helps the entire process.
    I’m in.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I’m in.
    I'd like to be as well!

Cecil, when you you expect to post your 2022 schedule? Is there any chance there might be a MUC class scheduled in the northeast*?

Thanks!

* The Sig Academy could be a potential venue.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    I'd like to be as well!

Cecil, when you you expect to post your 2022 schedule? Is there any chance there might be a MUC class scheduled in the northeast*?

Thanks!

* The Sig Academy could be a potential venue.

Now that my life is getting vaguely back to a norm, I should be getting that up by Thanksgiving.

As of right now, I think the closest to the NE for that material will be next October in Wisconsin. I have a couple slots currently open, so there is still a chance I can get up there.

While it would certainly be cool to teach at SIG, I don’t know any contacts there, and moreover, if MUC should be taught for the first time there, Craig should do it. MUC is his. While I think I’m very good at teaching it, and have my own things to bring to the table (like immersion into light use in conjunction with it) I’m still not the originator. Craig should always have the first crack at things like that.
    Last edited by Cecil Burch; 11-14-2021 at 09:29 PM.

Thanks Cecil!

I attended a NE Shooter's Summit at Pelham Fish & Game about ten years ago where Craig gave a condensed version of his MUC course. I was also fortunate to have taken training from Dr. William Aprill (RIP) at that event.

I only mention this as it may be a possible venue, though I'm not sure these events are still taking place. In any case, I look forward to the opportunity to train with you.

I watched a good chunk of that on my rower yesterday morning. With any luck, I’ll be able to make one of the classes next year. Looks like good practical material being taught.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    Thanks Cecil!

I attended a NE Shooter's Summit at Pelham Fish & Game about ten years ago where Craig gave a condensed version of his MUC course. I was also fortunate to have taken training from Dr. William Aprill (RIP) at that event.

I only mention this as it may be a possible venue, though I'm not sure these events are still taking place. In any case, I look forward to the opportunity to train with you.
    NE Shooters disbanded.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

deleted

User Tag List