Thread: Wild boars on the attackagain

Site Supporter

Wild boars on the attackagain

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...cer-dies-after
    Also saw on cable middle east news that they are attacking folks in Haifa, Israel. Previously, attacks in Rome! Radioactive pigs in Japan and Eastern Europe.

There were all around us in TX. Had a herd (whatever) cross our path on the local hiking trail and a dead, legs up boar near La Cantera and on 1604.

They live in Ontario and build igloos in the snow season!

Be afraid!

So far we just have deer (saw two really nice ones last night), coyotes, skunks, racoons, lots of fox and a bear once in awhile about 8 miles away.

There have been javelina reports in AZ. Ran into this guy in Sedona last Friday on a hiking trail.

Name:  1FCEAF1A-7F4F-4095-B826-BAB37159E97E.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  92.2 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    There have been javelina reports in AZ. Ran into this guy in Sedona last Friday on a hiking trail.
    We used to encounter javelinas all the time in West Texas. They usually had a stubborn and belligerent attitude I found amusing and vaguely admirable for small animals.

Javelinas are native wildlife. Pigs are feral livestock, an introduced pest. Makes me think of the feral horses and donkeys in the west, eating the pronghorns out of house and home.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

https://abc13.com/christine-rollins-...-hogs/5716849/

SE Texas, one county east of here. Killed, and partially eaten.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    https://abc13.com/christine-rollins-...-hogs/5716849/

SE Texas, one county east of here. Killed, and partially eaten.
    I knew a guy in Brazos County that got messed up bad by a wild hog. He was searching a creek bed early one morning looking for a lost calf and walked up on a sleeping boar. He only lived because the hog got bored of attacking him. He crawled out of that creek bed and drove himself to the ER with a punctured lung, deep cuts and gouges from head to toe along with a broken chewed up arm. He called me from his hospital bed the next day, and me and some buddies went and fixed his hog problem that night.
    Last edited by texasaggie2005; 11-11-2021 at 10:37 AM. Reason: grammar is hard

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

Name:  1FCEAF1A-7F4F-4095-B826-BAB37159E97E.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  92.2 KB
    Driving to work, very near the house, a few weeks ago, I had to stop and wait for this family of javelina (collared peccary) to cross the road:

Name:  28A47F06-7D14-4329-B950-3A319771EAF1.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  54.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    I knew a guy in Brazos County that got messed up bad by a wild hog. He was searching a creek bed early one morning looking for a lost calf and walked up on a sleeping boar. He only lived because the hog got bored of attacking him. He crawled out of that creek bed and drove himself to the ER with a punctured lung, deep cuts and gouges from head to toe along with a broken chewed up arm. He called me from his hospital bed the next day, and me and some buddies went and fixed his hog problem that night.
    Wait,,,an UNARMED Texian?

Does not compute!

Site Supporter
    Friend of mine was surprised by one outside of Rock Springs. It charged at him from close up. He was carrying a pistol grip Winchester 1300 and reflexively punched it the snout with the barrel. It then ran away.

User Tag List