Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: When it comes to dry fire…..

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Fair point. When I try to shoot at the sun I get the rmr off center emitter ghost projection too

Just started wearing sun screen instead of fighting the daylight
    Shoot the moon, not the sun...

Name:  823fe184963f0214f3de9bad2f9b92ed.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  12.9 KB
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    This.

Also cheap red dots suck. Just buy an RMR. It’s only $100 more.

“And then forth the muddy waters cometh….”
    Also:

-1911s suck
    -Revolvers aren't more reliable than autos,
    -.45 is overrated
    -All guns should be Glock 19s. Without SCDs and with ultralight supermodded triggers and XS big dots.

Now we can have a good time.

"Cry havoc and let slip the hogs of war"

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Also:

-1911s suck
    -Revolvers aren't more reliable than autos,
    -.45 is overrated
    -All guns should be Glock 19s. Without SCDs and with ultralight supermodded triggers and XS big dots.

Now we can have a good time.

"Cry havoc and let slip the hogs of war"

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Now you’re talking

This is so meta.

I'm living dangerously. I am heading to the office sans firearm this morning. Heck I ain't even carrying a waved folder or fixed blade. Just a simple folder, some POM, and me wits.

I'm basically burnt toast at this point.

In other news can anyone explain to me why I can legally carry a handgun in Washington but not a flat sap or a fixed blade knife?

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I'm living dangerously. I am heading to the office sans firearm this morning. Heck I ain't even carrying a waved folder or fixed blade. Just a simple folder, some POM, and me wits.

In other news can anyone explain to me why I can legally carry a handgun in Washington but not a flat sap or a fixed blade knife?
    Please post an update tonight so we know if you made it back home alive.

And I'm in the same boat in Louisiana... CCW is only for a handgun. No knaf, sap, or other such tools allowed.

Because racist or something.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Please post an update tonight so we know if you made it back home alive.

And I'm in the same boat in Louisiana... CCW is only for a handgun. No knaf, sap, or other such tools allowed.
    Made it to the office alive.

Because racist or something.
    Cool. So if I'm not racist, I can carry whatever I want? Awesome.

other news can anyone explain to me why I can legally carry a handgun in Washington but not a flat sap or a fixed blade knife?
    Not saying it should be, but isn't that the norm? I remember when I got my first AL CCW way back when and we were all in awe of FL's concealed weapon license covering things like batons.

Other than TX (recent) and FL, what other states have a CCW that covers batons/saps/etc? I don't think it's that many.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Not saying it should be, but isn't that the norm? I remember when I got my first AL CCW way back when and we were all in awe of FL's concealed weapon license covering things like batons.

Other than TX (recent) and FL, what other states have a CCW that covers batons/saps/etc? I don't think it's that many.
    Iowa does, but it's a mostly moot point now that we have Constitutional Carry. We (still) have a "Permit to Carry Weapons," and having one was one of the list of exceptions to the (now repealed) general prohibition on carrying "dangerous weapons." To my recollection, certain knife lengths were specifically defined as "dangerous weapons," and only ballistic knives are placed in another category of "offensive weapons" that neither the permit nor Constitutional Carry cover (same category as explosives, machineguns, etc.). If saps and jacks count as "dangerous weapons," the permit, and now Const. Carry, cover them.

*I'm a lawyer but I'm not your lawyer, you're not my client, and this isn't legal advice. Do your own research.

Edit - I guess it's not actually a moot point, it's just Const. Carry covering them now in addition to the permit. I'll also note that "dangerous weapons" isn't specifically defined as a category, so I'm simply assuming that saps and jacks are in it, along with the firearms and certain blades that we know are.

User Tag List