Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: When it comes to dry fire…..

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    In other news can anyone explain to me why I can legally carry a handgun in Washington but not a flat sap or a fixed blade knife?
    Too many sailors stabbing each other with 'dirks' and beating each other's brains out with blackjacks they made aboard back when Seattle was a rough and tumble seaport. Laws are still on the books.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Not saying it should be, but isn't that the norm? I remember when I got my first AL CCW way back when and we were all in awe of FL's concealed weapon license covering things like batons.

Other than TX (recent) and FL, what other states have a CCW that covers batons/saps/etc? I don't think it's that many.
    You don't need a permit of any sort to carry a sap, baton, OC, fixed blade, etc. in Indiana. We do not have a CCW, we have a LTCH (License To Carry Handgun), which you need in order to open or concealed carry a handgun or Taser-style stun gun (contact only stun guns do no require a license).
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Not saying it should be, but isn't that the norm? I remember when I got my first AL CCW way back when and we were all in awe of FL's concealed weapon license covering things like batons.

Other than TX (recent) and FL, what other states have a CCW that covers batons/saps/etc? I don't think it's that many.
    Ky has a CCDW which basically covers everything.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I like PA. Open carry a full size Ka-bar, opposite the 1911, but god forbid you have an automatic folding knife or even worse if it has two cutting side!

@Duke

I don’t practice golf and even though I only play once every few years… I don’t lose any performance between times I go! I can easily quadruple bogey each hole… same as the last time I went!

I definitely lose 10-20% after a layoff. And I don’t improve with dry fire.

That’s just my own personal experience. But more so, I want to IMPROVE so in 60 days I’m better at something rather than just the same. So there’s that too

I like this thread. I'm going to try and get my ass back into some shape now that the heat and humidity has let up here in FL. Probably putting a TV in the garage for the airdyne bike.

I think dryfire has benefits at improving manipulating speed. But, once you've gotten very good at it you seem to retain it better. Thats my totally sciencey opinion founded in super solid science.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    @Duke

I don’t practice golf and even though I only play once every few years… I don’t lose any performance between times I go! I can easily quadruple bogey each hole… same as the last time I went!

I definitely lose 10-20% after a layoff. And I don’t improve with dry fire.

That’s just my own personal experience. But more so, I want to IMPROVE so in 60 days I’m better at something rather than just the same. So there’s that too
    I’m not trying to poo poo the efforts and work ethic of current or aspiring GMs. It’s their sport. The last % of a % matters for them

But for me - a totally regular dude - well I did 1,000 push Ups today. Got in a 2 hour mountain bike and hit a shoulder workout after.

Better use of my available effort than the equivalent time work weapon manipulations could ever be.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    I like this thread. I'm going to try and get my ass back into some shape now that the heat and humidity has let up here in FL. Probably putting a TV in the garage for the airdyne bike.

I think dryfire has benefits at improving manipulating speed. But, once you've gotten very good at it you seem to retain it better. Thats my totally sciencey opinion founded in super solid science.
    Get out of that basement and ride a mountain bike.

Your legs will be jacked in no time

Name:  02C40D38-10A7-4EA5-B31A-905DB96AB7F7.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  54.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I’m not trying to poo poo the efforts and work ethic of current or aspiring GMs. It’s their sport. The last % of a % matters for them

But for me - a totally regular dude - well I did 1,000 push Ups today. Got in a 2 hour mountain bike and hit a shoulder workout after.

Better use of my available effort than the equivalent time work weapon manipulations could ever be.
    Well, we all have to make our opportunity cost decisions!

And it has to be enjoyable and fun.

For me, I cut out all television and movie watching when I started dry firing. That’s where I got my time budget from.

It’s always about the skill development for me. If I’m not improving, I feel like I’m standing still and wasting the precious time we have on earth.

Right now I’m working full lefty draws, reloads and movement.
    And added carbines and SBR type work too.

Some people like relaxing on the beach. I like getting better at stuff. It’s not because I think it’ll be more important for protecting my family. I just chose that as a hobby instead of snowboarding or golf.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Get out of that basement and ride a mountain bike.

Your legs will be jacked in no time

Name:  02C40D38-10A7-4EA5-B31A-905DB96AB7F7.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  54.3 KB
    Woah dude. I don’t think you qualify as a “regular guy” lol.

That’d be like me saying “yeah, I’m a regular firearm owner / shooter” haha.

You obviously have hobbies that occupy a good chunk of time. Pretty much all of our hobbies taken to the levels of excess are at the point of diminishing returns and really have no real world justification except “we like it and enjoy it!”

User Tag List