Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: KnowItAll Range Employee.

KnowItAll Range Employee.

Just wondering if anyone else had one of these guys at their Range also.

I keep getting this guy @ my range on the weekends,.. At first it just seemed like mutual "Gun Talk!" But after a few weekends of shooting with him overseeing the firing line,.. it appears he has an opinion on EVERYTHING and advice for EVERYONE!

He questions everything Im doing, whether it's why am I sighting my pistol Red Dot @ 15 yards because that's "Not practical Gunfight range!" Questioning why I'm shooting several different pistols, To joking (...sort of) at the end of my last range session about how "I'm a big Ol' cheater" because I ran a couple dozen rounds with the target in close @ 3 yards instead of further out. 🙄

My reply,.. "If the bad guy gets in THAT close? I want to make DAMNED SURE I'm relatively fast AND accurate!"

So far, It's just a minor annoyance. Nothing I can't ignore or shrug off! But it IS annoying. Lol. (Shrug)

Anyway,.. I was just wondering if "This Guy" was a relatively common figure at the gun range and if so,.. share some stories.😉

BTW,.. this was my 3yd cheat transitioning between all four bullseyes every couple rounds. (G19 Norma 115 grain fmj.)
    Name:  IMG_8209.jpg
Views: 694
Size:  37.5 KB

Two common P-F.com retorts will help with this dude:

“You Do You, Bro!”

and

“Stay In Your Lane!”

😋
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

No, just the opposite, a range staffer once asked my companion after a spell of ordinary drills, "Just what sort of professionals are y'all, anyhow?". She was amazed, I felt complimented, we are kind of middle of the pack competitors at IDPA and USPSA.

There was the pair of tactical geniuses who favored an IDPA match with some of their advanced techniques.
    "You have to have a Glock 17 because you always double tap and it gives you 9 bursts. And you are looking down the corner of the square slide because there is no time to use the sights."
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post

“You Do You, Bro!”

and

“Stay In Your Lane!”

😋
    I like “Fuck Off”. Terse but effective.

Kinda kidding (not really). ROs have no business opening their mouths, absent an observable Safety Issue. If it continues, get in touch with the range owner and ask that this situation be corrected, because the guy is driving off customers.

PS nice shooting @Chomps.

Since I run my police range, I’m usually the only KnowItAll Range Employee who’s there when I practice. Thank God there’s no one there to listen to me tell myself how I fucked up (insert drills here).

I don’t think I could ever go back to shooting at a public range. Sorry dude.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

My response to anyone asking me what I'm doing at the gun range is usually, "Did I ask you anything? No? Then why are you flapping your dick holster?"

I'm not a popular guy at gun ranges. But then I don't go to gun ranges to be popular.

Site Supporter
    "I'm sorry. I can't hear you because of my ear pro." Point at ear. Shake head. Resume shooting.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post

“You Do You, Bro!”

and

“Stay In Your Lane!”

😋
    He should have asked the RO what his training resume was.

@JCS

Had one dude try to unsolicitedly coach me into the Classic Weaver- as I'm pretty much outshooting everyone on the range that day.

I just smile, nod, and wait for them to go away.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

@Chomps, I’ve been there dude. RSOs telling me I’m shooting too fast, too far, too close, wrong way, whatever. I want to be a good citizen, and humor these gentlemen up to a point. But after a while, I tell them I’m training and have to focus. Sorry. Can’t talk.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List