Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Steiner drops a new pistol optic

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    Gents, I live away from stores that carry optics like the Acro P1 or P2, MPS, and 509T. Never held or looked through any of these.

If I could buy a new P1 for $440, is that a better buy than a new MPS for $375?

My only experience has been an 407CO on a G34MOS and a Fastfire3 on a M&P22C. I like the 8moa donut on the 407CO.

Whatever I get is going to live on a 2011 and be mostly a range gun and possibly some gun games.

Thanks!

Ray

PS - As much as the EPS Carry and EPS look nice, I convinced myself the mounting style without additional screws made the most sense.
    Aug 2022, I would not buy either a P1 or MPS.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    Gents, I live away from stores that carry optics like the Acro P1 or P2, MPS, and 509T. Never held or looked through any of these.

If I could buy a new P1 for $440, is that a better buy than a new MPS for $375?

My only experience has been an 407CO on a G34MOS and a Fastfire3 on a M&P22C. I like the 8moa donut on the 407CO.

Whatever I get is going to live on a 2011 and be mostly a range gun and possibly some gun games.

Thanks!

Ray

PS - As much as the EPS Carry and EPS look nice, I convinced myself the mounting style without additional screws made the most sense.
    I have an MPS, but it doesn’t have a demanding life. I personally would go with a P2.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Rog, I figured. Thanks.

I played this game with my carbine, started with a 4moa H1, and tried the Sig, Holosun, MRO, and then all the way back to a T2.

I feel like I would continue that cycle getting an MPS/EPS when at the end of the day I wanted a P2.

I just can't see spending $700 for a P2 on the open market, so I'm on a few waiting lists.

So my 6 month old Steiner quit. Changed battery. Nope.

The optic had spent most of its time on a Shadow Systems XR920 where it had worked just fine. Then, yesterday, I moved it over to my Springfield Prodigy.

After a bit of dry fire, I went out to properly zero. Fired two rounds and the dot disappeared. Checked battery cap. Still tight. Changed battery. Nope. Dead.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    So my 6 month old Steiner quit. Changed battery. Nope.

The optic had spent most of its time on a Shadow Systems XR920 where it had worked just fine. Then, yesterday, I moved it over to my Springfield Prodigy.

After a bit of dry fire, I went out to properly zero. Fired two rounds and the dot disappeared. Checked battery cap. Still tight. Changed battery. Nope. Dead.

I will add that, in addition to making a better Glock is harder than it looks, making a new design sealed emitter pistol optic is also harder than it looks.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Steiner has been quick to respond to email and has issued an RMA and a shipping label.

Saw this on the Tactical Wire this morning:

Steiner MPS Approved for Duty by Texas LE Departments

Greeley, CO – The leader in high-performance optics for military and law enforcement continues to expand its new MPS (Micro Pistol Sight) approved-for-duty-use status among law enforcement agencies.

After rigorous testing and evaluation, both the Lubbock and Cross Roads, Texas, police departments have approved the MPS for duty use. This status is only granted to products that offer the maximum in reliability and consistency when lives are on the line.

Additionally, the Arlington, Texas, SWAT unit located in the heart of the I35 corridor between Dallas and Fort Worth, have approved the optic.

The Dallas Police Department is currently testing and evaluating the MPS for possible approval.

The Steiner MPS is a micro red dot purpose-built to withstand the hard use and challenging field conditions encountered by defense professionals across the nation. Borrowing the same performance and battle-proven engineering found in Steiner's tactical optics for military and law enforcement, the MPS is constructed around a rugged, all-metal housing with enhanced sidewalls and a sealed emitter that can withstand submersion down to 10 meters.

Despite its compact size and light weight, the MPS is packed with features that ensure reliability and predictable performance for hard-duty use. The recessed optic window and thick metal shroud protects the Steiner-quality lens from most direct impacts and the 1X magnification delivers a crisp, undistorted image for quick, both-eyes-open sight picture acquisition. Additional features include a bright 3.3 MOA reticle, 13,000-hour battery life, 8 brightness levels, user-selectable auto-off, and multiple mounting options.

Steiner MPS (Micro Pistol Sight) Specifications

· Magnification: 1x

· Window Size (H/W): .63x.83 in.

· Length: 2.17in.

· Weight: 2.05 oz.

· Reticle: 3.3 MOA

· Illumination: 8 brightness levels: 6 day/night modes, 2 night vision compatible modes

· Lens Size: Objective lens: 20x16mm; Ocular lens: 21x16mm

· Windage/Elevation Click Value: 1 MOA per click

· Total Windage Range: 90 MOA

· Total Elevation Range: 90 MOA

· Parallax: Parallax-free from 10m to 150m

· Operating Temperature: -40? F to 140? F

· Waterproof/Fogproof: 10 meters

· Battery: CR1632

· Battery Life: 13,000h @ medium brightness with auto-off after 13h

· Warranty: Heritage™ Warranty

· MSRP: $574.99

Got a return shipping email already. No notes about repair, replacement, etc.

I should be receiving the optic tomorrow.

I had read somewhere they have a non auto off model coming. I wonder how true that is.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    I had read somewhere they have a non auto off model coming. I wonder how true that is.
    Heard that too but haven't seen anything official.

I guess it doesn't matter either way since the auto-off can be overridden. Unless the "always on" model allows for all brightness settings.

User Tag List