Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Steiner drops a new pistol optic

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    I currently prefer the MPS, but, if my honest, that's because I'm providing substantial weight to country of origin. If that doesn't matter to someone, then the 509 is still the most proven closed emitter option that's readily available.
    A buddy at a local LEO agency said all their staff are going to 509s.

I really like the ACSS reticle without the outer ring.

Sigh...well, Big Tex Ordnance had some (MPS) in stock, and if you put one in your cart and go to checkout, the price drops to 370...so, yeah...it's worth the "gamble". One's on the way.

Now to just wait for FCD to get another batch of Acro plates finished...

Shot all three back to back today: Steiner MPS, ACRO P-2, and 509T X2 (plus an RMR06) on a combination of Glock MOS and P320.

Agreed that the 509T X2 housing disappears the most, and is significantly lower profile and more concealable. This will be my CCW optic on compact guns at least until the EPS arrives.

G45MOS + 509TX2 (Holosun OEM MOS plate).
    P320 Compact + 509T (CHPWS plate for Pro Cut slides)
    P320 Compact + Steiner MPS (APEX ACRO Plate for Pro Cut slides, previously used CHPWS plate)
    G19MOS + ACRO (TangoDown plate)
    G19MOS + RM06 (Forward Controls plate)

The 509TX2 on the P320 has seen roughly 1500 fired with no issues. Also echo that the glass is not as clear as the ACRO or MPS. One of Holosun's claims on the new EPS line is ultra clear glass so we'll see. The 509T X2 distortion is not something I notice while shooting (whereas I sure noticed it on the original 509T).

The 509TX2 on the G45MOS has seen only 700 rounds fired with no issues (I've been investing time primarily on the 320). This is an older X2 and the notch filter is darker and glass not as clear so there's some variability/midstream updates happening.

The Steiner MPS, ahh the 92% solution foiled by the last 8%. I think the LED has become dimmer since new, and parts of a rectangle have appeared (illuminated) around the dot. I haven't been able to capture an image. This was the replacement for my original MPS which did not have the ability to disable the auto-off. I have experimented with auto-off enabled and disabled and in either mode the MPS is not bright enough for outdoor use anymore. I understand that the top brightness setting is disabled when auto-off is disabled but I was not using top brightness outdoors previously anyway. RMA issued today, and shipped off today.

First outing with the ACRO P2 today on a G19MOS + TangoDown plate. It worked, tracked, and I had no problems shooting with it but yeah the frame is so thick it's a different experience.

Tried the ACRO on the P320/APEX plate and it would require taller suppressor sights to provide any visibility. MPS on the P320/APEX works well with the suppressor sights that were on there already.

If/when I acquire another P2 it will replace the MPS on the P320, and I'll have to get a bit taller suppressor sights somewhere.

I put 400-450 rounds through my 17 with MPS today. It was cloudless and the sun was very bright. As I have mentioned before, with auto-shutoff disabled (and the top brightness setting therefore disabled as well), I have one usable brightness setting in bright sunlight. I cannot see the second brightness down (third overall) at all. With auto-shutoff enabled, I have two usable settings.

A portion of this is some red color vision deficiency on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post
    Sigh...well, Big Tex Ordnance had some (MPS) in stock, and if you put one in your cart and go to checkout, the price drops to 370...so, yeah...it's worth the "gamble". One's on the way.

Now to just wait for FCD to get another batch of Acro plates finished...
    Tango Down also makes good plates-just FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    Tango Down also makes good plates-just FYI.
    TD makes the Acro plate for FCD - usually one of them have it in stock...right now though, neither do.

Tangodown has been making the ACRO plates for us, we will start making them as well, same design and laser engravings with both TD and FCD presented.

They're available again for a short time while we wait for the larger batch to complete, we have already sent them to dealers, which left about a dozen on our site.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Tangodown has been making the ACRO plates for us, we will start making them as well, same design and laser engravings with both TD and FCD presented.

They're available again for a short time while we wait for the larger batch to complete, we have already sent them to dealers, which left about a dozen on our site.
    Well hot damn am I glad I wandered into this thread. Ordered.

Also worth noting is the MPS specific modification. As some may have noted, and such has been our (FCD), Tangodown, and numerous users' experience, the MPS's recoil lug can be slightly wider than that of the ACRO P1 and P2.

New ACRO plates, be it a Glock or P320, have the slot opened up by 0.002 to better accommodate the MPS. Steiner has been very good and supportive of our plates, and MPS is a worthy red dot, we wanted to make sure the sight is fully supported by competent plates.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post

Are these compatible with the ZEV / Brownell's RMR cut and, if not, will you please consider such a plate?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

User Tag List