Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Steiner drops a new pistol optic

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Apologies if this is mentioned upthread. A quick perusal showed the question but not the answer and it isn't in the instructions shipped with the MPS.

To deactivate the Benghazi feature, press the + and - buttons at the same time. Hold for 10 seconds. The dot will blink to show the change from auto off mode.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Benghazi feature…😂🤣😂

Just a couple more general comments.

The optic sits low and, also I believe previously mentioned, would work without super high "suppressor height" sights. Depending on adapter plate used. Interestingly the Shadow Systems ACRO cut doesn't seem as deep into the slide as their RMR direct cut. They probably could have shaved another thou or two and gotten the optic that much lower. But as it is now the ACRO slide uses the standard extractor plunger and spring with all parts coming out the back. Maybe this was done at the request of some LE agency?

The owner's manual pretty much stinks. Or doesn't match up with the MPS as currently shipping. No info in their at all about overrides to the auto shut-off. Possibly a feature added to the optic at the last minute?

And a thought or two on the auto-off feature. Thirteen hours seems like an odd choice. I'd be interested to hear why it was chosen. Something like 26 hours would have seemed more useful on a duty-type optic. Basically a 24 hour system with a couple hours of 'just in case you forget" added on. This way the user could establish the habit of bumping the illumination up or down and back to preferred to reset the clock. This could be done pre-shift while checking radio batteries, status of firearms, and other pre-patrol rituals.

Last edited by Tokarev; 04-17-2022 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Just a couple more general comments.

The optic sits low and, also I believe previously mentioned, would work without super high "suppressor height" sights. Depending on adapter plate used. Interestingly the Shadow Systems ACRO cut doesn't seem as deep into the slide as their RMR direct cut. They probably could have shaved another thou or two and gotten the optic that much lower. But as it is now the ACRO slide uses the standard extractor plunger and spring with all parts coming out the back. Maybe this was done at the request of some LE agency?

The owner's manual pretty much stinks. Or doesn't match up with the MPS as currently shipping. No info in their at all about overrides to the auto shut-off. Possibly a feature added to the optic at the last minute?

And a thought or two on the auto-off feature. Thirteen hours seems like an odd choice. I'd be interested to hear why it was chosen. Something like 26 hours would have seemed more useful on a duty-type optic. Basically a 24 hour system with a couple hours of 'just in case you forget" added on. This way the user could establish the habit of bumping the illumination up or down and back to preferred to reset the clock. This could be done pre-shift while checking radio batteries, status of firearms, and other pre-patrol rituals.

Thirteen hours was chosen to cover a 12 hours LEO shift.

How useful is the highest setting in bright daylight after shutting off auto off?

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    How useful is the highest setting in bright daylight after shutting off auto off?
    It works for me in AZ sunlight against mostly sandy backgrounds. It is picked up easily enough on light colored targets like the paper practice IDPA or USPSA targets and against white painted steel. It would be nice to have the one additional brightness setting but it doesn't seem mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by MAP View Post
    Thirteen hours was chosen to cover a 12 hours LEO shift.
    Still seems to me to be an odd time interval. 24+ hours should ensure the optic works through all but the worst of call outs. And it would still save the battery for the hobbyist who forgets to turn the dot off after a weekend match or whatever.

In any case it is a moot point since we have the manual override setting.

I’d like to see how it does in the heart of Summer or in the snow on a sunny day etc.

I’d like to see how it does in the heart of Summer or in the snow on a sunny day etc.
    I'd guess you're fine if you leave it in auto shutdown mode.

If this is also your HD as well as Edc, you’re sure to want it staying lit 24hrs. If that was the case, would you just turn it off and back on before carry/bed? Does that restart the clock?

Does that restart the clock?
    I believe so.

Can anyone else comment?

User Tag List