Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Steiner drops a new pistol optic

Quote Originally Posted by cpd2110 View Post
    I received a mps to T&E for my agency. Glass is clear with no real noticeable magnification. Dot is crisp and gets very bright when needed. The plate that comes with the unit didn’t fit my Glock 19.5MOS so I used an Acro plate from C&H. Everything went on well with no issues. Sighted it in quickly with actually very little adjustments. I like the big window in comparison to the Acro. I have noticed what I believe is a glare issue when light is behind you. I saw a red rectangle in the upper left of window when on a target. This was only with interior lights and not every time. It is something I will watch to see if it continues. It was only slightly distracting and I donÂ’t think would be an issue if it came up under a duress situation. Shooting it today in overcast 4p-5p Indiana light I didnÂ’t see it at all. Overall with only a couple hundred rounds shooting i do like it this far. I carry aiwb and did notice the 2ish extra ounces plus the plate. Nothing terrible but itÂ’s my first time with a dot and edc. My duty gun is a 17.5 Glock with s 509t x2 that is only carried owb. The mps did show a bit in my jmck holster but I removed the claw as covered in another thread and it hid the dot much better. IÂ’m going to play with my draw a bit and see if the lack of claw makes a difference. All shooting today was just bullseye and sight in so I need to do some speed stuff which will be in a couple weeks. I have the Ameriglo standard height bold sights and they seem to work without having to upgrade to suppressor height sights. IÂ’ll report back when I get some more time with the mps.
    Email C&H Precision- they should send you a dedicated MPS plate for T&E.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    Email C&H Precision- they should send you a dedicated MPS plate for T&E.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I had asked for one for our MOS gun but the MPS only comes with a DocOps plate which does not fit. We only authorize the C&H plates so we had an Acro plate in inventory and it works fine. I didn't see a MPS plate on the C&H website unless you are talking about what I am currently using.

On the MPS I forgot to note the buttons to adjust the dot brightness are no joke. You have to put some work in to them to adjust brightness, which is not a complaint. There is no way you could accidentally turn it up or down. Like most dots I cannot find one setting that I am completely happy with, it is either too low or too bright. I have adjusted so it is on a setting that would work with a flashlight however. I am playing with it in dry practice and the issue with reflection is nearly always there with light to your back but I am noticing it less and less. The weather is looking better this week so I will go out and see how it looks in bright sun. I really like the field of view and clear glass. Adjustments for windage etc., is very positive. Overall I like it but need to work out the reflection issue and shoot it more than just the slow fire stuff I did to sight it in.

During our staff meeting today I realized we would be busy this week. Our range was not in use so I headed out as later in the week would not be possible. Weather was sunny and 60 with a light breeze hitting my back. I went from about 1-2:30p with the sun overhead. I did not have any reflection issues on the range which was nice. I re-confirmed zero, last friday was rough in terms of weather, very cold with a strong wind. I was happy my adjustments from friday worked today. I did some faster shooting to include some forward/rearward moving drills. I like the dot, good field of view and again, when I did my part the rounds hit where I wanted. I need to do some work on offsets, knock a good amount of rust off my shooting and then also compare the MPS to the 509T X2.

Site Supporter
    Anyone have any thoughts on a direct comparison between the MPS and 509Tx2? My brother was looking to upgrade from his 509Tx1 and the low MPS prices have him curious.

Should I cancel my P2 and order an MPS instead?
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Anyone have any thoughts on a direct comparison between the MPS and 509Tx2? My brother was looking to upgrade from his 509Tx1 and the low MPS prices have him curious.
    I think the honest answer is, no one really knows how the MPS will turn out. In about six months, we should have a better idea.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Should I cancel my P2 and order an MPS instead?
    I did.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I’m definitely watching.

I have the opportunity to grab an MPS for a really good price in late March. Tossing mos and a mps or direct mill and waiting for the acro.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I did.
    At this point, having shot both, I would also lean towards the MPS. The primary reason would be I like the bigger window of the MPS vs. the Acro. The downside I see in my limited time with the MPS are reflections. This has only been an issue with indoor lighting. There is also an issue with a second dot showing up on the very left side of the window. I believe this is simply bloom from not being able to find the right brightness setting. It isn't a distraction and each maker we have tested has had some form of the bloom depending on what setting you have it at.

I compared the 509T X2 and the MPS yesterday non-firing. The MPS glass was far more clear and had just a slight very difficult to even notice magnification. The 509t X2 is better than the original but still has a noticeable magnification. When you put the dot in the middle of the window and look at the target it is not a thing on either. But going back and forth between the units I would give the MPS the edge by a large margin.

User Tag List