Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Steiner drops a new pistol optic

Tokarev, Wasn’t one of the requirements for our RFI on a dot was it had to be able to be used with std height sights? If this sits low enough…it’d be the only one I’m aware of that would meet the wish list?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    only minus is the 14hr auto shutdown.
    I thought that it could be switched off. Is it not the case anymore?
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

"...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Thanks for posting ^^^. After reading this article I think I am going to continue keep waiting for P2.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Thanks for posting ^^^. After reading this article I think I am going to continue keep waiting for P2.
    Why do you say that -- seems a very positive review?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Why do you say that -- seems a very positive review?

- My dots are 24/7, not 13 on/off. Auto off is a turn off.

- I don't want protruding edges, i.e. snag points, on a concealed optic.

- I don't get how this optic helps you find the dot better than others. You and I pick the dots on small format optics like 407K or RMR OK, no?

- Perhaps an emotional reaction, but I did not like + and - intensity buttons be different in size.

Independently of this review, I was thinking what Tokarev said about emitter being on top, which is where impacts were to happen if there were any. Wonder how it would hold up.
    Last edited by YVK; 11-30-2021 at 01:12 PM.

- My dots are 24/7, not 13 on/off. Auto off is a turn off.

- I don't want protruding edges, i.e. snag points, on a concealed optic.

- I don't get how this optic helps you find the dot better than others. You and I pick the dots on small format optics like 407K or RMR OK, no?

- Perhaps an emotional reaction, but I did not like + and - intensity buttons be different in size.

Independently of this review, I was thinking what Tokarev said about emitter being on top, which is where impacts were to happen if there were any. Wonder how it would hold up.
    As you know, index helps you find your dot, not some reviewer's claim. For a featured, compact sealed emitter optic, that also happens to have a larger window, it is hard to beat a V2 509T.

Lot of people would have killed to have 13 hour auto off to save the battery on the P1, rather than the Aimpoint engineered seven day auto off.

As you know, index helps you find your dot, not some reviewer's claim.
    Yes, I found some things in that review amusing. This one finding the dot was....interesting. I also noticed that the reviewer had issues with ACRO's "-" button on the left side due to inadvertent dimming of the dot but didn't seem to mind that on Steiner. Even though "-" button is twice larger that "+".

Lot of people would have killed to have 13 hour auto off to save the battery on the P1, rather than the Aimpoint engineered seven day auto off.
    You've a P1 and you've Steiner coming, I'll wait to see which one you find less annoying.

Yes, I found some things in that review amusing. This one finding the dot was....interesting. I also noticed that the reviewer had issues with ACRO's "-" button on the left side due to inadvertent dimming of the dot but didn't seem to mind that on Steiner. Even though "-" button is twice larger that "+".

You've a P1 and you've Steiner coming, I'll wait to see which one you find less annoying.
    Ironic that the Steiner has beaten the P2 to the market, and it will be interesting to see how the two stack up. Hopefully they compare favorably to the Holosun.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Ironic that the Steiner has beaten the P2 to the market, and it will be interesting to see how the two stack up. Hopefully they compare favorably to the Holosun.
    Curious to see what you think of the Steiner. Including one out for milling, I will have 3x ACRO cut slides; 2xP1s now and a P2 on order. Hadn't felt motivated to flip the P1s given P2 is unobtanium but if the MPS is persuasive upgrade I may do it.

User Tag List