Thread: Steiner drops a new pistol optic

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    That one may be for no RDS?
    This one is for the RDS version.

Name:  CF2E8066-98B6-4234-9086-25D0E6F8F4D7.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  21.9 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    That one may be for no RDS?
    Name:  IMG_20210811_195849632.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  70.2 KB

Optic compatible. I don't think it's well advertised. I saw it on @Brittanymae's Instagram one day and was surprised. I don't carry my 19 much at work, but it is a hell of a lot more comfortable riding in a car with this holster.

Safariland’s holster finder seems to have improved a little since the last time I’ve used it. I’m only seeing the 7TS holsters pop up and not the 6xxx series. Is that because the 6xxx were generally molded for larger lights like the X300 and the 7TS series actually has holsters molded for the TLR-7 sized lights?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

G19.5 MOS/Steiner fits great in a 6354DO.

Name:  3A4DA480-985D-4528-91C3-BCAB9A2D9D7C.jpg
Views: 562
Size:  99.6 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

I’m not ready to get one yet. But Midway just sent me a back in stock notification. $424.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1024088751?pid=767336

Same for Primary Arms. If you have LE/mil pricing from them and catch a 12% sale, it gets it down to $396, I believe.

I received a mps to T&E for my agency. Glass is clear with no real noticeable magnification. Dot is crisp and gets very bright when needed. The plate that comes with the unit didn’t fit my Glock 19.5MOS so I used an Acro plate from C&H. Everything went on well with no issues. Sighted it in quickly with actually very little adjustments. I like the big window in comparison to the Acro. I have noticed what I believe is a glare issue when light is behind you. I saw a red rectangle in the upper left of window when on a target. This was only with interior lights and not every time. It is something I will watch to see if it continues. It was only slightly distracting and I donÂ’t think would be an issue if it came up under a duress situation. Shooting it today in overcast 4p-5p Indiana light I didnÂ’t see it at all. Overall with only a couple hundred rounds shooting i do like it this far. I carry aiwb and did notice the 2ish extra ounces plus the plate. Nothing terrible but itÂ’s my first time with a dot and edc. My duty gun is a 17.5 Glock with s 509t x2 that is only carried owb. The mps did show a bit in my jmck holster but I removed the claw as covered in another thread and it hid the dot much better. IÂ’m going to play with my draw a bit and see if the lack of claw makes a difference. All shooting today was just bullseye and sight in so I need to do some speed stuff which will be in a couple weeks. I have the Ameriglo standard height bold sights and they seem to work without having to upgrade to suppressor height sights. IÂ’ll report back when I get some more time with the mps.

I really like the MPS overall, but hate the auto-shutdown. If I decide to authorize it, it won’t be the model that can’t override that feature.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Used the MPS on my 320 to shoot out to 100y today. Only issue is that it’s hard to dial it down to a smaller dot for more precision like with a Triijicon or Holosun. The default setting was a little bright/big for a 100yd bull, but one click down and it was too dim. So maybe more than 8 brightness settings would be nice.

But this is splitting hairs. If I had a bigger shoot n see the bigger dot wouldn’t have been a problem.

Have about 500rds through it. No problems holding zero. CH plate with blue loctite seems to be holding. It was the only option for the Pro cut slides I could find.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I really like the MPS overall, but hate the auto-shutdown. If I decide to authorize it, it won’t be the model that can’t override that feature.
    I believe it is a running change, not a separate model. I’m still waiting for my replacement, they thought it would ship this coming week.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List