Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Steiner drops a new pistol optic

I’d like to see them shake out a bit more, but I’m seriously considering this over the ACRO.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    I'm curious if the discounted MPS optics are older ones without the programmable auto-off. It's a good price either way.
    I’m not sure if the new overrideable ones are here yet. I’m still waiting for mine.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m not sure if the new overrideable ones are here yet. I’m still waiting for mine.
    Me too
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I called Steiner tech support and asked about the battery life and auto off.

According to the guy I spoke with, the 13,000 hour battery life is measured at setting 5 of 8. For comparison, the ACRO P1 claims 15,000 hours at setting 6 of 10, and the RMR claims over 4 years at setting 4 of 8. For those of you with the MPS: how usable is setting 5, and what would be the closest equivalent brightness settings on the ACRO or RMR?

He also said the next batch of new optics that you can disable the auto-off feature on should be arriving in the next week or two. I'll probably try to pick one up from this next batch.

Quote Originally Posted by js475 View Post
    I called Steiner tech support and asked about the battery life and auto off.

According to the guy I spoke with, the 13,000 hour battery life is measured at setting 5 of 8. For comparison, the ACRO P1 claims 15,000 hours at setting 6 of 10, and the RMR claims over 4 years at setting 4 of 8. For those of you with the MPS: how usable is setting 5, and what would be the closest equivalent brightness settings on the ACRO or RMR?

He also said the next batch of new optics that you can disable the auto-off feature on should be arriving in the next week or two. I'll probably try to pick one up from this next batch.
    Assuming Aimpoint and Steiner are quoting apples to apples battery life numbers, the new Steiner has +/- Acro P1 battery life which is sub standard. I see why they put auto shut off on the optic.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Assuming Aimpoint and Steiner are quoting apples to apples battery life numbers, the new Steiner has +/- Acro P1 battery life which is sub standard. I see why they put auto shut off on the optic.
    Since you have both, is the MPS on setting 5 similar in brightness to the ACRO P1 on setting 6? I would have hoped setting 5 on the MPS would be equivalent to setting 7 on the ACRO or setting 5 on the RMR, which would suggest the MPS actually has a battery life closer in line with that of the RMR. Maybe not though?

Quote Originally Posted by js475 View Post
    Since you have both, is the MPS on setting 5 similar in brightness to the ACRO P1 on setting 6? I would have hoped setting 5 on the MPS would be equivalent to setting 7 on the ACRO or setting 5 on the RMR, which would suggest the MPS actually has a battery life closer in line with that of the RMR. Maybe not though?
    My Steiner is back waiting to be replaced, but my recollection is limited to the Steiner being brighter at max setting by about one click than a P1. Can't speak to 5 vs 6 or 7.

I received my P2 in that first batch just before Christmas. I turned it on to two clicks below max, and have left it on ever since. Just pulled the battery (Duracell) and tested it -- it still shows at 100 percent. That is promising on battery life on the P2.

Just ordered one today. It's going on a G45/X300 training pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    Just ordered one today. It's going on a G45/X300 training pistol.
    I would want one without the auto shutoff, which is fixing to happen soon.

User Tag List