Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast

Thread: Steiner drops a new pistol optic

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    Yes, I did find out you need the tool to get it off.
    My "Swiss" pocket knife has a tip that fits it almost exactly. It's located on the can opener for some reason.

Anyone compared the FCD/TD MPS plate to the Apex Tactical MPS plate? Price wise they're comparable so I'm trying to figure if one is better.

I’m tempted to try one of these and I’m seen some listed on GB for under $400. How does one distinguish between the first and second generations? Does the model 8700 mean that it’s 2nd generation?
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

FYI for those of us who prefer natural colors. Lol!

https://www.primaryarms.com/steiner-...-dot-sight-fde

Does anyone know if the FCD/TangoDown plate will allow the sights on the M&P2.0 optics ready co-witness with the MPS?

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I’m tempted to try one of these and I’m seen some listed on GB for under $400. How does one distinguish between the first and second generations? Does the model 8700 mean that it’s 2nd generation?
    At that price I would assume they are clearing old gen 1 stock. I bought one a year ago and it turned out to be a gen 1 that had been sitting. I find the auto-off incredibly annoying but otherwise very pleased with the optic.

Quote Originally Posted by try2again View Post
    Does anyone know if the FCD/TangoDown plate will allow the sights on the M&P2.0 optics ready co-witness with the MPS?
    Yes, the stock S&W suppressor height sights are still usable with the FCD plate. My unit is currently testing the MPS for my agency, and we are using the FCD plate. I would call it a lower 1/4 or lower 1/5 position of the irons in the window though.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterTaylor View Post
    Yes, the stock S&W suppressor height sights are still usable with the FCD plate. My unit is currently testing the MPS for my agency, and we are using the FCD plate. I would call it a lower 1/4 or lower 1/5 position of the irons in the window though.
    Gosh, given how high the CORE BUIS are, the MPS must sit quite high?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Gosh, given how high the CORE BUIS are, the MPS must sit quite high?
    Just due to the thickness of the FCD plate the MPS does end up sitting pretty high. The pistol with plate and optic will not fit into either of my Safariland 6360RDS (ALS/SLS) holsters. It does fit into the 6378RDS (ALS only) holster, but there’s drag where the optic is scraping against the top of the holster. The Aimpoint (B&T) plate and the Apex plate are much thinner and will allow the optic to fit in the same holsters though I wouldn’t recommend the Aimpoint plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowspeed_highdrag View Post
    I have owned a gen 1 MPS and a Gen 2 MPS. I was one of the original testers for the gen 1. My only complaints on the Gen 2 are the pot metal battery cap and the 1-3 month battery life. The optic is tough as nails and has great glass.

I prefer my P2, but only by a slight margin, and mostly because of the battery cap and life.

The G45 is my duty gun, the G17 is a partner of mine on my shift. Essentially the same gun:

Who did the stippling for the frames?

User Tag List