Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Thread: Steiner drops a new pistol optic

Quote Originally Posted by Lowspeed_highdrag View Post
    I have owned a gen 1 MPS and a Gen 2 MPS. I was one of the original testers for the gen 1. My only complaints on the Gen 2 are the pot metal battery cap and the 1-3 month battery life. The optic is tough as nails and has great glass.

I prefer my P2, but only by a slight margin, and mostly because of the battery cap and life.

The G45 is my duty gun, the G17 is a partner of mine on my shift. Essentially the same gun:

Who did the frame stippling for these Glocks?

Quote Originally Posted by DexterTaylor View Post
    The Aimpoint (B&T) plate and the Apex plate are much thinner and will allow the optic to fit in the same holsters though I wouldn’t recommend the Aimpoint plate.
    What is wrong with the Aimpoint B&T plate? Most reviews seem favorable and I’m thinking of using one with an MPS on my VP9 OR.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

I've got a new GLOCK 17M MOS that I'm going to mount a Gen 2 Steiner on. Stay tuned for pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    What is wrong with the Aimpoint B&T plate? Most reviews seem favorable and I’m thinking of using one with an MPS on my VP9 OR.
    I have no experience with the optic cut VP9 or B&T’s plate for it. My only experience is with the optic ready M&P 2.0 and B&T’s plate for it. The M&P has round bosses in the optic pocket for mating up to the plate. B&T made the corresponding female optic pockets that meet up square in shape instead of round. If I remember correctly one of our instructors had the optic/plate combo come off while shooting. On the sample I tested, the plate came loose twice during testing and that was not at a high round count. This was after following established mounting procedures.

User Tag List