Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Steiner drops a new pistol optic

Quote Originally Posted by runngun View Post
    Yes, the .215 front sight.
    Thanks - I think I just found my new sights.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Comments from Steiner Optics Support:

"Hello,

I emailed the product manager about this, This is the first time I am hearing about this since the reprogramming. I will let you know tomorrow if that is a standard feature to save battery if on all the time."

Comments from Steiner Optics Support:

"Hello,

I emailed the product manager about this, This is the first time I am hearing about this since the reprogramming. I will let you know tomorrow if that is a standard feature to save battery if on all the time."
    Follow up response:

"Hello,

After talking with the product manager the full brightness setting is intentionally disabled to not drain the battery excessively when the auto off is disabled."

If I can't get them to change the programimg, I will be returning my MPSs.
    Last edited by runngun; 03-29-2022 at 10:41 AM.

Follow up response:

"Hello,

After talking with the product manager the full brightness setting is intentionally disabled to not drain the battery excessively when the auto off is disabled."

I got the same response. IMO that's a really stupid and unnecessary design "feature". I don't know that I'll be returning mine, but I probably won't be buying more especially now that the ACRO P2s are shipping.

Follow up response:

"Hello,

Yea…. That’s dumb. It will change my plans to buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Yea…. That’s dumb. It will change my plans to buy one.
    Same.

That's a really stupid design decision.

Someone that has the intent to consciously disable the auto off probably has enough brain power to understand that leaving an optic on at max brightness is going to kill the battery a hell of a lot faster than dimming it.

I want the ability to go nuclear bright IF I have to. There are times when I want a beach ball, say on a Felony stop. I need my dot to be brighter and more distinct than my overheads which for my eyeballs, requires a beach ball sized dot, ie max brightness. Not all the time but its a thing.

Got this from VDevgroup who emailed Steiner as well

I am still waiting on a response to my request to change the programming after they said it was intentional. I also let Midway and Primary Arms know about the lack of clarity in there product pages, and that I would be returning the optic if Steiner was unwilling to change the programing so that the product functioned as advertised. I'm hoping that if Steiner gets enough push-back from consumers and retailers that they will re-consider their decision.

Site Supporter
    It appears the Steiner MPS is not a true ACRO footprint..

For those not familiar, Dan Smith is the lead RDS instructor for centrifuge tactical (the VCQB guys).

Name:  6DA59F16-55CE-402F-8234-A66E2B89024E.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  43.8 KB

Further on the footprint issue…

I corresponded today with Jeff Cahill of TangoDown, he confirmed they have found the MPS is slightly different than the ACRO - the recoil lug is very slightly oversized. They are suggesting removal of three thousandths off the rear surface of the recoil lug channel on the plate if needed, but that some MPS will drop on or interference fit the plate as is. They are slightly modifying the next run of the plates to accommodate.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List