Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Steiner drops a new pistol optic

Steiner drops a new pistol optic

Father in law joined the MPS club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post

Father in law joined the MPS club.

Maybe it’s the lighting but that 19X looks very light. Almost tan. Mine is much darker.

As far as the MPS, I’m giving it time for @GJM to destroy his. Lol! If an optic survives him I’ll trust it.

@Kyle Reese: is that a direct mill on the 19X? I was not aware that the 19Xs had an MOS version-but I do not see a plate in the image.
    @GJM had(?) a 19X with an ACRO mounted, but I don’t recall the specifics. I would think this setup sits lower on the slide because the Germans put the emitter in the “roof” of the unit.
    Interested in any info you can share-thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    @Kyle Reese: is that a direct mill on the 19X? I was not aware that the 19Xs had an MOS version-but I do not see a plate in the image.
    @GJM had(?) a 19X with an ACRO mounted, but I don’t recall the specifics. I would think this setup sits lower on the slide because the Germans put the emitter in the “roof” of the unit.
    Interested in any info you can share-thanks in advance
    Glock 19X with the rear sight dovetail milled away for an MOS footprint by CHPWS. Optic was mounted in a CHPWS ACRO mount. This will be a casual, low mileage range gun for my FIL.

My replacement MPS arrived yesterday - I’m confirming today that it’s off, then I will be doing the auto off override.

Name:  2AEB751D-A02D-4BFF-B27B-A3B0950AA4ED.jpg
Views: 1052
Size:  102.7 KB
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Point of information, as I had to look for it: the torque spec on the cross bolt screw is 25 inch pounds. This is pretty similar to the ACRO cross bar at 26 inch pounds if I remember correctly.

The information I posted earlier about how to disable the 13 hour auto-off was incorrect. Per Steiner just now:

1. Press and hold both + and - buttons, hold for approximately 10 seconds until you get a flash pattern.
    2. Slow flash rate = always on, fast flash rate = 13 hour shutoff.
    3. Cry because your fingertips are ready to fall off.

The big change is that you can go back and forth at will, earlier they told me it was a one way journey that required a trip back to the mothership to reset back to auto off.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    Point of information, as I had to look for it: the torque spec on the cross bolt screw is 25 inch pounds. This is pretty similar to the ACRO cross bar at 26 inch pounds if I remember correctly.
    Are people using thread locker on the crossbolt? My inclination is yes, but it never hurts to ask first.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Are people using thread locker on the crossbolt? My inclination is yes, but it never hurts to ask first.
    I do,yes; initially I used Vibratite, but have switched to Loctite 248. Degrease first.

@SoCalDep- “His is the way.”

One other thing: I use a paint pen to put a witness mark straight across screw head and onto body. If it shifts, hopefully I notice…

From the ACRO P2 thread.

I think the Steiner MPS being short enough front to back as to fit within the Pro slide cut could take advantage of a lower mounting solution (if that's possible), rather than using ACRO plates designed to elevate the optic. For their Holosun 509T plate for MOS, Holosun uses the bottom of the slide cut as the "floor" of the mount, rather than a plate with a notch cut in it. I'm not doing a good job of explaining that, but it allows the optic to sit slightly lower than with say a C&H plate.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post

Mounted via an Apex plate for the Pro Cut slides. Installation was easy and the plate was high quality, as expected.

The optic sits quite high. It’s not a function of the optic but rather my slide - the Pro cuts are DPP cut, and the ACRO is longer than the cut. Thus, the plate has to get the mounting rail to slide height rather than recessed inside. This means my suppressor sights are barely visible in the window (maybe lower 1/10 cowitness at best).

User Tag List