Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Steiner drops a new pistol optic

Site Supporter
    I have been using one of the Steiners and an Acro P2 side by side for a few months now, and I feel like (for me at least) the Steiner is the preferred optic.

I feel like the Steiner has at least perceptually clearer (or brighter) glass. I feel that the larger window definitely makes a difference here in the amount of light that gets back to me. The other factor that affects this is that the Steiner housing is not as thick from the user’s standpoint. The Acro housing intrudes much more into my field of view, and seems to darken it a bit. This also leads to my next point.

With the housing thicker, I feel I am more likely to get sucked into the optic and begin using it as a frame rather than just using the dot. I catch this happening to me much more often with the Acro than the Steiner.

Perhaps a by product of the brighter view, I feel the Steiner has a (very slightly) crisper dot and it is less impacted by my astigmatism.

I also find the Steiner prints slightly less on my G5 G19 than the Acro. I think this may be in part due to the thicker housing and the fact that I think the Acro sits just a tiny bit taller.

While I feel both are solid optics, I admit the Acro does seem a bit more rugged in construction than the Steiner. While I am perfectly comfortable carrying both on duty, the Acro feels more robust. I was a little concerned that for AIWB carry the adjustment buttons on the Steiner would not wear as well as the Acro’s, which are more recessed, but so far I have not noticed any issues.

I am going to continue testing, but I think for now the Steiner is going to be my preference. I will keep working with the Acro though and see how both hold up over the summer and a hopefully pretty robust firing schedule.
    Polite Professional

I have owned a gen 1 MPS and a Gen 2 MPS. I was one of the original testers for the gen 1. My only complaints on the Gen 2 are the pot metal battery cap and the 1-3 month battery life. The optic is tough as nails and has great glass.

I prefer my P2, but only by a slight margin, and mostly because of the battery cap and life.

The G45 is my duty gun, the G17 is a partner of mine on my shift. Essentially the same gun:

Quote Originally Posted by Lowspeed_highdrag View Post
    I have owned a gen 1 MPS and a Gen 2 MPS. I was one of the original testers for the gen 1. My only complaints on the Gen 2 are the pot metal battery cap and the 1-3 month battery life. The optic is tough as nails and has great glass.
    Yep, the MPS battery caps suck.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Yep, the MPS battery caps suck.
    Yes, I did find out you need the tool to get it off. You'd think they would make it serviceable with a regular screwdriver, or quarter, or brass casing. I'm assuming they just figured that wasn't likely to be an issue in the field. And it probably won't be, but...coulda been a little better design.

I'm still quite pleased with mine. It stays on and holds zero. Not really sure what more I can ask of it.

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...-mps-for-duty/

Approved for duty use by Kansas Highway Patrol.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Mine (Gen 1) just shit the bed. Won’t power on. Warranty request sent in.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

Got to the warranty department on 4/13. We’ll see how long it takes to get back.

I forgot to mention that I got a return shipping label the day after I submitted the request. No questions asked.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Got to the warranty department on 4/13. We’ll see how long it takes to get back.

I forgot to mention that I got a return shipping label the day after I submitted the request. No questions asked.
    If it is like mine they'll just send you a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    If it is like mine they'll just send you a new one.

And I won’t complain about that one bit. The only thing I didn’t like about the Gen 1 was the auto shut off.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Just got email notification. They’re replacing it.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

User Tag List