Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738
Results 371 to 379 of 379

Thread: Steiner drops a new pistol optic

  1. #371
    Member zaitcev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Austin, Texas, U.S.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    Yes, I did find out you need the tool to get it off.
    My "Swiss" pocket knife has a tip that fits it almost exactly. It's located on the can opener for some reason.

  2. #372
    Anyone compared the FCD/TD MPS plate to the Apex Tactical MPS plate? Price wise they're comparable so I'm trying to figure if one is better.

  3. #373
    Site Supporter Sensei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Greece/NC
    Iím tempted to try one of these and Iím seen some listed on GB for under $400. How does one distinguish between the first and second generations? Does the model 8700 mean that itís 2nd generation?
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

  4. #374
    FYI for those of us who prefer natural colors. Lol!

    https://www.primaryarms.com/steiner-...-dot-sight-fde

  5. #375
    Does anyone know if the FCD/TangoDown plate will allow the sights on the M&P2.0 optics ready co-witness with the MPS?

  6. #376
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Iím tempted to try one of these and Iím seen some listed on GB for under $400. How does one distinguish between the first and second generations? Does the model 8700 mean that itís 2nd generation?
    At that price I would assume they are clearing old gen 1 stock. I bought one a year ago and it turned out to be a gen 1 that had been sitting. I find the auto-off incredibly annoying but otherwise very pleased with the optic.

  7. #377
    Quote Originally Posted by try2again View Post
    Does anyone know if the FCD/TangoDown plate will allow the sights on the M&P2.0 optics ready co-witness with the MPS?
    Yes, the stock S&W suppressor height sights are still usable with the FCD plate. My unit is currently testing the MPS for my agency, and we are using the FCD plate. I would call it a lower 1/4 or lower 1/5 position of the irons in the window though.

  8. #378
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterTaylor View Post
    Yes, the stock S&W suppressor height sights are still usable with the FCD plate. My unit is currently testing the MPS for my agency, and we are using the FCD plate. I would call it a lower 1/4 or lower 1/5 position of the irons in the window though.
    Gosh, given how high the CORE BUIS are, the MPS must sit quite high?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

  9. #379
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Gosh, given how high the CORE BUIS are, the MPS must sit quite high?
    Just due to the thickness of the FCD plate the MPS does end up sitting pretty high. The pistol with plate and optic will not fit into either of my Safariland 6360RDS (ALS/SLS) holsters. It does fit into the 6378RDS (ALS only) holster, but thereís drag where the optic is scraping against the top of the holster. The Aimpoint (B&T) plate and the Apex plate are much thinner and will allow the optic to fit in the same holsters though I wouldnít recommend the Aimpoint plate.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •