Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Steiner drops a new pistol optic

Steiner drops a new pistol optic

Not much info out there yet but they do have a YouTube video.

https://youtu.be/zmN_8_3RDoU

Link to Steiner site:

https://www.steiner-optics.com/battle-sights/mps

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Maybe merge it with this: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....o-Pistol-Sight

Cool that they made the auto-off selectable rather than permanent, though.

@LittleLebowski

So have the optic manufacturers just given up on trying to make their products more compact/streamlined and able to aesthetically integrate with pistols?

And while I am bitching . . . . if you just spent a metric buttload developing a new product and wanted to introduce it to the public, would you be happy with the YouTube video provided? I know what my answer would be, unless I paid less than $20 for that exciting and stimulating video masterpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    So have the optic manufacturers just given up on trying to make their products more compact/streamlined and able to aesthetically integrate with pistols?
    The rectangular shape is the way the market seems to be moving now with the closed emitter designs. Holosun seems to have done a good job of keeping size fairly small but they are also using the 1632 battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    The rectangular shape is the way the market seems to be moving now with the closed emitter designs. Holosun seems to have done a good job of keeping size fairly small but they are also using the 1632 battery.

The shape isn't my issue. The move away from compactness is puzzling. The 1632 battery in a Holosun has been a non-issue for me. It takes about two minutes to replace, with no re-zeroing required.

I suppose they will sell whatever people will buy. I find this similar to the pistol industry's migration towards smaller handguns designed for EDC, then providing extended magazines with sleeves so the capacity is the same as a larger pistol.????? But people line up to buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    The shape isn't my issue. The move away from compactness is puzzling.
    Trade off between overall size, enclosed design and viewing window I guess.

From an acquaintance who does alot of stuff with slide mounted optics:

It's a tad bigger than the 509T. It's been good so far. Glass is super clear. Shooting it at distance is nice vs the little fish eye you get with the 509T. Has more glass than the acro so you don't get that tube affect and the dot doesn't seem to take up the entire window. It sits super low on the slide, almost wonder if it could use factory height sights.

The emitter is in the top of the optic. Thought that was interesting also. That's why it sits so low. Plus the body design alternate aiming is pretty easy. You see any of the body you know you're high, left/right, etc. only minus is the 14hr auto shutdown.

Looking forward to the Sage Dynamics review.

User Tag List