Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Steiner drops a new pistol optic

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    You’ve still had to run it turned all the way up to be able to see the dot though? Has it been bright enough when on the highest? He hadn’t had any issues of it not being bright enough?
    For bright light and white backgrounds (for me) it needs to be on the high mode when the timeout is disabled. I do think that high mode is bright enough... for however long it lasts. I’d like to provide more information but the one we have for familiarity no longer functions. We tried to switch batteries (which is a pain) and buggered up the cap since the guy with the optic didn’t have the factory tool handy. I tested the battery that was in the non-functional optic and it was at a full 3.2ish volts.

We have another for formal testing, but we’ve been inundated with other priorities. I’ll try to check that one and at least do some sort of brightness evaluation.

There are good things about this optic, and there are things that concern me a bit. I think it will be a player when everything settles, but for now I’m not sure it’s ready.

Thank you. Great info.

Still trying to figure out what to mill my 19 for. Steiner is out.

My vote is for ACRO.
    Worth exactly what you paid for it...

Definitely one of the models I’m considering. Probably a bit harder to conceal vs rmr/SRO.

Amazon has the Steiner for $341 on a Cyber Monday deal.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B098R9SFLR...XFS7S0E1H4X6_0

What is the best option for a MOS compatible MPS plate? I’ve read the footprint is slightly different enough from the ACRO that they are not absolutely compatible as far as mounting.

I’m using the TD/FCD plate with no issues observed. I believe they made a very slight change to the plate months ago to better accommodate both the ACRO and MPS.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

We've had pretty good luck with C&H; they have a dedicated MPS plate.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    We tried to switch batteries (which is a pain) and buggered up the cap....
    You can call them and they'll just send you a few caps in the mail. If nothing else I will say that Steiner's customer support has been excellent in the two times I've had to deal with them.

User Tag List