Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Steiner drops a new pistol optic

We only make plates for standard factory slides, and have no plans to make plates for 3rd party manufacturers that develop and manufacture their own slides and plates, some of them may well sue us for doing it, so we're staying clear of that.

We're good friends with ZEV, they're probably coming out with an ACRO compatible version soon enough. ACRO and MPS are enough to drive that development.
    Last edited by Duffy; 05-27-2022 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Also worth noting is the MPS specific modification. As some may have noted, and such has been our (FCD), Tangodown, and numerous users' experience, the MPS's recoil lug can be slightly wider than that of the ACRO P1 and P2.

New ACRO plates, be it a Glock or P320, have the slot opened up by 0.002 to better accommodate the MPS. Steiner has been very good and supportive of our plates, and MPS is a worthy red dot, we wanted to make sure the sight is fully supported by competent plates.
    So the FCD Acro plate is compatible with the MPS?

I was thinking of sending it to Maple Leaf for an Acro cut but they don't recommend it. I have an MOS slide and a non-MOS slide so I'm just debating which way to go

It is. All ACRO plates made from May onward have the recoil lug slot widened by 0.002 to better accommodate MPS, MPS's lug tolerance is a know issue, some plates are outright incompatible with it.

If the MPS doesn't fully seat on the plate, gently tap on it till it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Also worth noting is the MPS specific modification. As some may have noted, and such has been our (FCD), Tangodown, and numerous users' experience, the MPS's recoil lug can be slightly wider than that of the ACRO P1 and P2.

New ACRO plates, be it a Glock or P320, have the slot opened up by 0.002 to better accommodate the MPS. Steiner has been very good and supportive of our plates, and MPS is a worthy red dot, we wanted to make sure the sight is fully supported by competent plates.
    Sorry if I missed it, but who is “we?”
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Sorry if I missed it, but who is “we?”
    Name:  6256B201-5060-4DA7-BC2E-8031014AF841.jpg
Views: 755
Size:  42.9 KB

FCD = forward control design

https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.com/Glock_c_19.html

They make good stuff

FYI - Steiner MPS on an FCD/Forward Controls Design plate on a Walther PDP - for a BUIS, the Walther factory "RMR height BUIS" gives a very low, call it bottom 1/5th, co-witness:

Name:  IMG_1598-cropped.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  24.7 KB

Not the greatest of photos but you get the idea; if it were a night sight or 3 dot sight, the front sight dot would be basically split by the window...

It could stand to be the next size taller (I think that's the 509T-labeled ones) and still be unobtrusive IMO; the tallest ones would probably eat half the window easily and I probably wouldn't recommend that one.

On sale at midwayusa.com for $379.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    On sale at midwayusa.com for $379.

From my perspective that has basically been a dud, hopefully their Gen 2 is brighter with better battery life and has a real Acro footprint.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    From my perspective that has basically been a dud, hopefully their Gen 2 is brighter with better battery life and has a real Acro footprint.
    Has Steiner said there's a Gen 2 on the way?

Gents, I live away from stores that carry optics like the Acro P1 or P2, MPS, and 509T. Never held or looked through any of these.

If I could buy a new P1 for $440, is that a better buy than a new MPS for $375?

My only experience has been an 407CO on a G34MOS and a Fastfire3 on a M&P22C. I like the 8moa donut on the 407CO.

Whatever I get is going to live on a 2011 and be mostly a range gun and possibly some gun games.

Thanks!

Ray

PS - As much as the EPS Carry and EPS look nice, I convinced myself the mounting style without additional screws made the most sense.

User Tag List