Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Steiner drops a new pistol optic

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    Gotcha. I misunderstood. I opened a case with Steiner. But perhaps EuroOptic would be more responsive.
    I was in touch with both. First Steiner before the sight arrived to ask about the auto shut off override, and then PA after it came to deal with the condition issues. Both have been great. Steiner were the ones that said they would help me if the one I received didn’t have the ability to disable the auto shut off.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

MPS on its way back to Steiner (by way of a Colorado address) courtesy of a prepaid label received today.

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    MPS on its way back to Steiner (by way of a Colorado address) courtesy of a prepaid label received today.
    Good deal, they were great with me. And my replacement is enroute, I should have it Monday.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Since I just received two slides, direct milled by Maple Leaf, for the RMR and Acro, I figured I would give the Steiner one more try. I zeroed a 407 CO and the MPS using the Wheeler, and hit the range this afternoon.

I fired four shots with the 407CO, and they went into literally one hole at 15 yards, about a half inch left of POA. About as good a group as I have ever fired. Repeated again on the head of a USPSA target, and had all clustered into one inch. Then shot the MPS. It did the same thing it has been doing — it fired one shot POA and then the next shots into a tight group several inches off in windage. Will call Steiner in the morning for a replacement.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Since I just received two slides, direct milled by Maple Leaf, for the RMR and Acro, I figured I would give the Steiner one more try. I zeroed a 407 CO and the MPS using the Wheeler, and hit the range this afternoon.

I fired four shots with the 407CO, and they went into literally one hole at 15 yards, about a half inch left of POA. About as good a group as I have ever fired. Repeated again on the head of a USPSA target, and had all clustered into one inch. Then shot the MPS. It did the same thing it has been doing — it fired one shot POA and then the next shots into a tight group several inches off in windage. Will call Steiner in the morning for a replacement.
    That first shot was immediately after adjustment, correct?
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    That first shot was immediately after adjustment, correct?
    Correct

I believe @JCL can comment on his recent Steiner IR laser quality control experience.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Correct
    To be honest, I’m not as worried about that as the tracking issues you experienced. I think a shot to settle a setting is reasonable.
    Ken

To be honest, I’m not as worried about that as the tracking issues you experienced. I think a shot to settle a setting is reasonable.
    At least in riflescopes, that would not be acceptable. There shouldn't be slop or backlash in the turrets.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I think a shot to settle a setting is reasonable.
    I don’t. No other pistol optic I use has that issue.

User Tag List