Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SIG P365 X or XL Build

SIG P365 X or XL Build

Ordered a Razorback from Boresight based on this thread: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-and-EDC/page9. It will be the basis for a P365X or XL build (with MS).

Few questions:

- Is there a preferred comp option? Looks like Mayhem is Glock only. I like the simplicity of their attachment system. Parker Mountain seems another option, but not sure if there are better.
    - If I understand correctly, the slide will only accept limited red dots. Any recommendations for RMSc/other or shop that will cut the slide to fit other optic? I was thinking RMR or maybe new Acro P-2 depending on battery life if they will fit.
    - How difficult is it to add a manual safety to the fire control unit and any recommended vids?
    - What does the Zev Octane slide offer over factory?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Ordered a Razorback from Boresight based on this thread: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-and-EDC/page9. It will be the basis for a P365X or XL build (with MS).

Few questions:

- Is there a preferred comp option? Looks like Mayhem is Glock only. I like the simplicity of their attachment system. Parker Mountain seems another option, but not sure if there are better.
    - If I understand correctly, the slide will only accept limited red dots. Any recommendations for RMSc/other or shop that will cut the slide to fit other optic? I was thinking RMR or maybe new Acro P-2 depending on battery life if they will fit.
    - How difficult is it to add a manual safety to the fire control unit and any recommended vids?

I think an RMR or Acro would be pretty big on the 365 platform, but you could always get a 365 instead of a 365x and have the slide milled for whatever you want.

Adding the manual safety is very easy. I don't have a vid handy, but I'm sure Google will turn something up quickly. Adding a flat trigger to the 365 FCU is a bit more of a PITA because it requires a more complete disassembly, but that isn't bad either.

Site Supporter

Few questions:

I have two Zev Octane P365 slides and one Zev Octane P365XL slide and prefer them over the factory slide for three main reasons: 1) the texture of the Zev slide provides more grip than the factory slide which is slick; 2) the Zev slide maintains the normal rear dovetail slot and allows you to have BUIS in addition to your red dot optic; 3) I believe that the Zev slide will maintain its finish much better than the stock slide although this I just nothing more than my impression of comparing them side-by-side.

Someone is selling a Razorback for cheap in the classifieds.

I didn’t find mine to be that useful.

Few questions:

I like the PMM.
    I like the RMSc.
    Adapter plates are fine for RMR/SRO but if you need crash proof the factory cut works with the 507K which is robust.
    Manual safety is easy to add afterwards.

Name:  4AE28A7B-5EF5-4F0E-A939-8DE30E3F3B94.jpg
Views: 822
Size:  63.6 KB

Name:  B1064052-E4DE-4E96-8608-C64F67E70962.jpg
Views: 775
Size:  16.1 KB

Name:  06871A63-57FE-446B-A89E-F05D1227D0C2.jpg
Views: 808
Size:  53.3 KB

Armory craft is another option but I like that a PMM still mimics dimensions of an XL slide.
    Last edited by JCN; 11-07-2021 at 09:42 PM.

Few questions:

I can only answer a couple of these but I would say holosun 407/507k for red dot and no the zev doesn't add much other than I think it has a dovetail for a rear sight whereas the holosun rear iron notch works perfectly with the sig front sight.

Thanks to you all for your feedback. It is much appreciated and will save me some time and money getting this thing together. Thank you.

Just to make absolutely sure...a P365 slide is compatible with the 375XL grip module without issue (guide rod mismatch, slide rail doesn't match, etc). Think I may go that route as I'll have a smaller grip module as a bonus and can comp the shorter slide to match the XL footprint. Thanks!

Site Supporter
    I have both a 365 and an XL, I've swapped slide's / module's
    with no issues what so ever...
    I found, I just prefer balance and handling of the XL.

Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    I have both a 365 and an XL, I've swapped slide's / module's
    with no issues what so ever...
    I found, I just prefer balance and handling of the XL.
    I tend to like the balance of CCO type pistols, so I’d really like to try an XL top end on my 10 round lower. Plus, if my MA nonres comes through I’ll tend to carry ten round capacity guns due to that.

I just wish they did an XL without the weird rear sight plate.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List