Thread: Shield RMSC close out

Shield RMSC close out

In case anyone is interested Brownells is closing out their polymer lens RMSc for $279 which is a little more than the Holosun 507k but likely the cheapest these will be.

https://www.brownells.com/optics-mou...rod116190.aspx

I bought a few more because I like them on micro guns to not have to carry suppressor height BUIS.

So why pick this over a 507k?

It has one of the best auto adjust light sensors out there.
    The Romeo Zero and 507k don’t have any auto light adjust.

It has a larger window and less obtrusive shroud. Sure it might get damaged easier in a drop but I’d rather have better window and light adjust than impact resistance for the kind of carrying I do.

YMMV

I think @GJM has used these in the past. It’s still the sight on my primary carry gun.

Just to confirm- it should fit the S&W Shield Plus OR right out of the box, no mods?
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Hmm. If I didn't already have dots on all of my 43s/48s I'd be very interested. Not sure interested enough to put together a whole spare slide for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Just to confirm- it should fit the S&W Shield Plus OR right out of the box, no mods?
    I got one for my Shield Plus OR. It is an extremely tight fit and took some soft pounding to get seated. I like the tightness.

The bad: the included RMSc screws are too wide and the Shield screws are too short. I'm now on the hunt for propper screws.

@JCN thanks for posting the closeout.

Quote Originally Posted by SamueL View Post
    I got one for my Shield Plus OR. It is an extremely tight fit and took some soft pounding to get seated. I like the tightness.

The bad: the included RMSc screws are too wide and the Shield screws are too short. I'm now on the hunt for propper screws.

@JCN thanks for posting the closeout.
    You’re welcome! ACE hardware usually has bolts in a pinch. Since you have the Shield screws it should be fairly straightforward to match it.

User Tag List