Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bucket List Revolver- Colt Python 4”

Site Supporter

Bucket List Revolver- Colt Python 4”

I have wanted a 4” Colt Python for decades. I had a 6” Python but it was not anything special so it went by the wayside. Last week I was at my LGS picking up a rifle on layaway when I spied a 4” Colt Python in its factory cardboard box. It had some holster wear on the muzzle and cylinder edge. Overall the blueing was beautiful. There was a very small spot of rust on the side of the barrel. I suspect a drop of blood had unknowingly gotten there. All these cosmetic deficiencies brought the price down to less than a new Python.it looked well used but not abused. The action locked up like a vault. The trigger is silky smooth. I don’t know if work was done on it or the trigger is just from using it but this trigger is the kind that made Pythons legendary. I wasted no time buying it. I look forward to shooting it next week[ATTACH=CONFIG]79522[/ATTACH
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I have wanted a 4” Colt Python for decades. I had a 6” Python but it was not anything special so it went by the wayside. Last week I was at my LGS picking up a rifle on layaway when I spied a 4” Colt Python in its factory cardboard box. It had some holster wear on the muzzle and cylinder edge. Overall the blueing was beautiful. There was a very small spot of rust on the side of the barrel. I suspect a drop of blood had unknowingly gotten there. All these cosmetic deficiencies brought the price down to less than a new Python.it looked well used but not abused. The action locked up like a vault. The trigger is silky smooth. I don’t know if work was done on it or the trigger is just from using it but this trigger is the kind that made Pythons legendary. I wasted no time buying it. I look forward to shooting it next week[ATTACH=CONFIG]79522[/ATTACH
    Sounds like you should have been in Vegas! Congrats on a fine specimen of old school firearms quality. The Royal Blue has never been bettered. Please report back with the results from the range.

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    That truely is a thing of beauty!

Congratulations a great find!

Site Supporter
    I checked the serial number online. It was made in 1976

Nice catch. Congratulations!

That’s a fine looking revolver! Enjoy!

Nice. Now you need some nice leather.

Site Supporter
    Beautiful, Congrats. They don't make them like that anymore.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

What a beautiful machine. Great to see that you not only appreciate it, but will use it. Congratulations.

Best, Jon

Excellent find, and the cosmetic imperfections should help keep it as a shooting piece rather than some sort of safe queen, which is the sad fate of many Pythons.

The 2020+ Python has been very good for me, but I would jump on a shooter like this one just as you did. Congratulations!

User Tag List