Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Shield Plus 3.1" Perf Center. Now there are four :)

New Shield Plus 3.1" Perf Center. Now there are four :)

I picked up my Performance Center 3.1" Shield Plus today....

I'll probably get to go shoot it later in the week. It is ported, but that is the only way they sell that model. I have a standard barrel I just ordered for it, so I can swap the ported barrel.

Done collecting Shields now

I NEVER cared for fiver optic sights before. But I am REALLY loving the ones that S&W uses - there is a metal spiral round the light rod to protect it. And, the combo of the red/green goes amazingly well. I am glad they all are not the same color.

3 of these Shields has that sight setup. Now that I am around 50, they really help my eyes see the sights when at my indoor range.

I have a 1.0 Shield and I think it shoots much better than my G43.

If they made that 4-inch Shield Plus with a manual thumb safety, I would already own one.

Both of mine have been reliable in function and have good accuracy with the 124gr FMJ ammo and the Fed HST 147gr ammo I have been using. Both of mine are non-optic cut models. If I would decide to get one or both of them cut for an optic at some point in the future, I feel I can get a little lower cut and a better designed optic mounting system, along with the optic of *my* choice by going aftermarket. The holster is a Darkstar Hitchhiker and can be used in either the AIWB or IWB position.

I own several S&Ws and am generally a fan. To put a finer point on my previous post, what irks me about the Shield Plus models is that they don't make the 4-inch model with either a thumb safety or an optics cut....unless you buy their red dot for $900. The P365XL comes with both and is less expensive. Just looking quickly online, the 4-inch Shield Plus is $619 at sportsman's warehouse while the P365XL is $599. If S&W would make these features standard at $600, they would already have my money.

Do the 4” models utilize the same RSA as the 3.1” models?

Quote Originally Posted by parishioner View Post
    Do the 4” models utilize the same RSA as the 3.1” models?
    No, they have a different recoil assembly

Quote Originally Posted by CaptMiller View Post
    I own several S&Ws and am generally a fan. To put a finer point on my previous post, what irks me about the Shield Plus models is that they don't make the 4-inch model with either a thumb safety or an optics cut....unless you buy their red dot for $900. The P365XL comes with both and is less expensive. Just looking quickly online, the 4-inch Shield Plus is $619 at sportsman's warehouse while the P365XL is $599. If S&W would make these features standard at $600, they would already have my money.
    Well, I got my 4" Performance Center Shield Plus for $569 from Kentucky Gun Company. Optic cut doesn't matter to me. But yea, everyone wants something different

Quote Originally Posted by CaptMiller View Post
    If they made that 4-inch Shield Plus with a manual thumb safety, I would already own one.

See, I wish the 3.1" Perf Center Shield Plus I picked up today had an option for NO thumb safety. But, you can only get it WITH the safety. But, I never use the safety anyway.

A friend has a ported model and it shoots great, with a surprisingly good trigger. I was very tempted to buy one but could not find a combo that would be optics ready without a dot, and I don't think the footprint accommodates holosun 407/507k sights.

Can an rmrcc be mounted?

User Tag List