Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Shotgun setup & technique

Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
    I am assuming, pick your desired length and cut it with a chop saw?
    I have done several wood stocks by using a jointer like this. It kept the cut to be exactly the same orientation as factory, there was really no square thing to guide from on a stock. But I had a jointer handy at work, and it is not a proper use for this tool (and I probably propped the guard open), but it worked great. If you take 1/16" off eight passes nets you a half inch. You can make a mark and sneak right up on what you want.

ETA: I would expect it to cut a synthetic stock even easier.

Name:  Jointer.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  28.9 KB
    Last edited by mmc45414; 11-18-2021 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    The synthetic stocks I have seen chopped down all just used a pan head, Phillips-drive screw of the "wood screw/sheetmetal screw" persuasion (but NOT a self-tapping one).
    It's been awhile since I did mine, but that is what I remember. I went to the wood screws (longer than the OEM screws) in part to just give them more stock to be able to grab onto so to speak.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Here are the bits from a cut-down Remington factory (made by Speedfeed, I believe) synthetic stock. The two screws for the small R3 pad are 1" long from the tip to under the head, and I believe are #10 size (.190" OD).

Name:  cut-down stock and R3 pad.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  63.7 KB
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

User Tag List