Thread: Help me build my first USPSA that includes a FAST like test

Help me build my first USPSA that includes a FAST like test

Next month, I'll be building my first USPSA stage. The bay is about 25 yd long and 15 yd wide. I want to build a stage that is fairly easily to build, won't bog the match down time-wise and include a FAST like test at the beginning of the stage. How could the FAST like test be scored? I want it scored so that the penalties are severe just like the real FAST test. Thanks in advance for tips.

Just run an El Prez stage with plates (or no shoots) rather than std targets.

Added benefit - it's a nod to tradition.

judicious use of no shoots

For example, you can cut the A zones out of a No shoot and place the scoring target directly behind it. you could do this with 2 targets, one head box, one body. Then place the head box one first in the stage, and the body one second where you would need to shoot at it from a second position. Of course then you need to design a full stage around that, since 2 targets is pretty boring, but you could make that the first array and then litter the rest of the stage with partials and no shoots.

Im not sure what your goal here is really, if its not so much about mimicking a drill in particular but more about pressing for large penalties on bad shots then not only no shoots and partial targets but use of "hard cover" by painting the body black (counts as a miss) is a good tool along with drop down steel.
    Pittsburgh, PA host for www.aliastraining.com , and www.shivworks.com

www.anti-fragile.net

User Tag List