Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: QAnon Supporters Await JFK Jr. in Dealey Plaza

Ya know how @HCM has a favourite saying that gun companies aren't in business to make guns? It strikes me that the same rule can be applied to any business, media companies included. They don't care about truth or right or wrong, sure, some might try to dress it up a little and talk all high and mighty, but really, they're just trying to make money. Doesn't matter which side of the fence, all the same shit...

Quote Originally Posted by Moylan View Post
    The thing is that lefties buy into stunningly idiotic and horrifically corrosive conspiracy theories like CRT because those theories tickle their fancies and because they have never been taught the fundamentals of how to think clearly and dispassionately, nor have they ever learned anything substantive about the past.

But righties go to the same schools as lefties. So...... you know, QAnon or whatever. It's not like it's dumber or eviler than CRT. Just tickles different fancies.
    Racism is real. Slavery was real. CRT is BS (and if you want to say it's more evil than QAnon you may have a point) but it's not based on things that are complete fantasies.

Donald Trump battling an international cabal of child molesters is not real. JFK Jr. rising from grave to usher Trump back into the White House is not real.

Critical thinking (I wonder what alt-right podcast Jordan Peterson mentioned that on, it's come up a lot lately) is being able to evaluate a thing for what it is, not excusing it by saying, "....but, but THE LEFT...."
    Last edited by MK11; 11-04-2021 at 02:53 PM.

[QUOTE=hiro;1283719]You know she's brain washing your dog, don't you?

Also . . . . how long have you had your dog? Are you SURE he is even a dog???

Does your dog lick it's own eyeballs?

#lizardmodsareshit

This post will mysteriously disappear. Or will it?

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I used to think "there is no way anybody could be so stupid as to...."

A career in law enforcement has broken me of that. I've no doubt some of the people are trolling, but having seen so many people invest time and money in blatantly obvious scams, cons, and rip-offs plus dealing with the various does-that-flag-have-a-fringe-elements I have no trouble accepting that enough of the population truly believes it to get a decent turn out.

I mean, if 1 in 1,000 believes it, that's roughly a third of a million Americans...
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by MK11 View Post
    Racism is real. Slavery was real. CRT is BS (and if you want to say it's more evil than QAnon you may have a point) but it's not based on things that are complete fantasies.

Donald Trump battling an international cabal of child molesters is not real. JFK Jr. rising from grave to usher Trump back into the White House is not real.
    I wouldn't say it's more or less evil than QAnon. I only say they're both completely nuts. The fact that racism is real and not a complete fantasy (granted) does not suggest that CRT is not a complete fantasy. It is a complete fantasy, irrespective of whether it's based wholly on complete fantasies. I don't know anything about QAnon apart from its being nutty, but I'm confident you could find plenty of facts upon which the thing is premises that are indeed real. That doesn't mean the thing itself is real.

But my point is quite simple, really, and not directly related to any of this. The point is that everyone wants to claim to belong to the reasonable tribe, but we don't teach people in this country how to use reason, left or right. So it's hard for me to get very surprised by people showing up looking for JFK Jr. or whatever they're doing, any more than I get surprised that people think George Zimmerman cold-bloodedly murdered Trayvon Martin simply because Zimmerman hates black people. Disgusted, yes. Surprised, no.
    O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Start here- United States of Paranoia.

My theory is that the idea that events are under control is more appealing than chaos. That some human (or near enough) agency is making thing go according to some plan, even if it is an evil and malign plan, is more comforting to some than the idea that most leaders are in over their heads, are making things up as they go along, and really don't know what they are doing.

And experience has shown that most people would rather make facts up than to face an inconvenient reality.
    IME this right here ^^^^ explains a lot of what is going on with the Q people.

And if you have never interacted with Q people they are just as serious about their beliefs as others are about any other religious or political belief. BBI's comments are spot on as well.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hiro View Post
    Ya know how @HCM has a favourite saying that gun companies aren't in business to make guns? It strikes me that the same rule can be applied to any business, media companies included. They don't care about truth or right or wrong, sure, some might try to dress it up a little and talk all high and mighty, but really, they're just trying to make money. Doesn't matter which side of the fence, all the same shit...

The media creates some of the chaos (or impression of chaos) which drives the fear that make people seek solace in the false agency narratives of conspiracy theories.

But there are absolutely large numbers of people who earnestly believe in the QAnon ideology / conspiracy. Th media reports regarding the Dealy plaza gathering and the reason behind it is accurate.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I used to think "there is no way anybody could be so stupid as to...."

A career in law enforcement has broken me of that. I've no doubt some of the people are trolling, but having seen so many people invest time and money in blatantly obvious scams, cons, and rip-offs plus dealing with the various does-that-flag-have-a-fringe-elements I have no trouble accepting that enough of the population truly believes it to get a decent turn out.

I mean, if 1 in 1,000 believes it, that's roughly a third of a million Americans...
    This.

So much this. I used to believe nobody could be THAT stupid.

But people can be far more stupid than your wildest imagination. And that includes people who are literate, and sometimes even people who are intelligent

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Moylan View Post
    The point is that everyone wants to claim to belong to the reasonable tribe
    There is no reasonable tribe. Everyone is too busy shouting at The Others' nutters to do much of anything about their own nutters. I don't know where that goes, but I doubt it's to a place that's serving cake and ice cream.

User Tag List