Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reducing double dot glare....

LOL. $24.95 for something you can do for $0.0001 with a slice of painter’s tape.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The circle only and 8 moa Holosun 407CO reticles are not effected by this in my testing.
    Have you developed any preference between the 32 moa circle only and 8 moa CO for action pistol shooting or concealed carry applications?

32 moa (circle only) , 8 moa CO, and ACSS Vulcan (chevron only) all seem like ways to mitigate phantom dot confusion on a carry piece. However, I don't have a good intuition about what shooting characteristics would be like between them.

Sorry for off-topic drift, but too curious for good manners.

Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    Have you developed any preference between the 32 moa circle only and 8 moa CO for action pistol shooting or concealed carry applications?

32 moa (circle only) , 8 moa CO, and ACSS Vulcan (chevron only) all seem like ways to mitigate phantom dot confusion on a carry piece. However, I don't have a good intuition about what shooting characteristics would be like between them.

Sorry for off-topic drift, but too curious for good manners.
    Still evaluating both. The 8 CO is more conventional, where the circle only is Aug like. Delighted both seem to work in low sun angles that plays havoc with the RMR, SRO, Acro and other single dots.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Brilliant, eliminates double dot and forces front sight focus. I do have to chuckle at the price, Range Panda sells 3D printed optic covers for protection and dry fire for a much better price than that from what I remember. Or use the painters tape mentioned above.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

How does the Holosun circle-dot or circle-no dot reticle work in these situations? Is the more complex reticle less likely to get lost or confused with a glare?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by guymontag View Post
    Brilliant, eliminates double dot and forces front sight focus. I do have to chuckle at the price, Range Panda sells 3D printed optic covers for protection and dry fire for a much better price than that from what I remember. Or use the painters tape mentioned above.
    If you MUST create a complex solution to a simple problem, just get a 2-pack of these (for 10 bucks less) and go to work with an X-acto and a Velcro dot.

(They do work great for their intended use as well, and are a lot better made than any 3D printed solution.)

https://dreamplastics.com/product/tr...o-scope-cover/

Site Supporter
    I had my first experience with this yesterday, on a trip I was specifically shooting some 25 yard B8s and a Defoor hat qual esque run. Holosun 508Tx2. At my normal 8/10 setting, the dot was kinda lost in glare and lint I'd never otherwise see. I usually turn my dot down a click or two for precision shooting, but had to max it out to differentiate it. I did have a second dot... which was only visible when the muzzle was pointed higher to the point that the real dot was no longer in the window. Super weird. After the initial confusion I actually shot my best B8 runs, 92 and then 95 slowfire the managed a 93 in 12.66 seconds at 25y. Found it ironic since I'd been reading about this on Pistol Forum just a week or two before...

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Maybe, but I’m kind of thinking I’d like a solution so I can see through the window lol.
    Why? There are GM's who leave these on for the whole match.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Why? There are GM's who leave these on for the whole match.
    And there are also GM’s who never tape.

I go by the physics and I prefer binocular vision. I always target focus so that’s never been an issue with me.

If Max or JJ tape the window the entire match and win, then I would buy it.

@Clusterfrack

Well, I didn’t wind up testing for double dot since I moved to green dots.

But decided to use the polarizing filter for a rain shroud.

Name:  4DDD1BCB-3ED1-4117-AF35-2C1A5A5A4221.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  23.6 KB

Name:  7DDB8E66-2A99-4FA7-BCA0-FA4CAC4FD9A9.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  16.8 KB

User Tag List