Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wired Headphone Routing to avoid CCW Draw Foul

Wired Headphone Routing to avoid CCW Draw Foul

I dont like bluetooth headphones and still run wired. When I go for errands or walks, I frequently wear wired headphones that I route under my shirt to my device in my front pocket. If I try to draw my AIWB quickly, you know, like if it were real life, I will foul my draw where the gun gets tangled on the headphone wire a large enough percentage of the time in dry testing that I need to address it.

I've tried a couple things that haven't worked well. What kind of suggestions does the group have? Assuming I'm going to use wired earbuds and will not change to bluetooth for a variety of reasons.

You are going to be behind the curve wearing earphone anyway, but running the wire down your back and having a clip on the cable to keep it on your nonshooting side would be the route I would go.

Site Supporter
    Concur re running up the back. The linked "extension cords" may be helpful as well.

2pk at 9 ish
    https://www.amazon.com/CableCreation...3&s=aht&sr=1-6

if you do not like blue tooth or cannot run blue tooth, that is one thing, if it is all about the "buds" that fallout/can be easily lost, something like this can be very helpful

bluetooth with neckband at 30 ish. Wirecutter's top pick in this sub 50.00 space.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VRLB1L1...EAAAAAAAAAAg8t
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Any ideas on what kind of "clip" would work? Maybe something like an electrical alligator clip that I secure to the extension cable or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    Any ideas on what kind of "clip" would work? Maybe something like an electrical alligator clip that I secure to the extension cable or something.
    Something like this.

Site Supporter
    When I was in high school, I watched one of my classmates get hit by a car when she walked into traffic while wearing headphones for her Walkman. When I am out, I prefer to be able to hear what is around me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    When I was in high school, I watched one of my classmates get hit by a car when she walked into traffic while wearing headphones for her Walkman. When I am out, I prefer to be able to hear what is around me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’ve been using some $70 bone-conduction aftershokz “headphones” at work If you don’t have earplugs in the sound quality is good enough to stave off the boredom without tuning out the entire world. I would recommend for people who want to maintain some situational awareness while listening to something.

While not at work I don’t walk around wearing any kind of heaphoones/earbuds.

No damn way is this a good idea.

Your situational awareness is severely decreased this way.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    walked into traffic
    Key words.

Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    No damn way is this a good idea.

Your situational awareness is severely decreased this way.
    I'd say it largely depends on where you live.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

"Where you live" has no bearing on the fact that having earbuds in and listening to what's coming out of them reduces your ability to hear what's around you.

User Tag List