Thread: POLLS ARE STILL OPEN! GO VOTE IF YOU FORGOT!

Site Supporter

POLLS ARE STILL OPEN! GO VOTE IF YOU FORGOT!

I know we have a political subforum, but I hope that this post and any replies that are added don't cross the line. More people are reached on the GD page than in the subforum, and this is important.

If your state has elections today as mine does, please do the right thing and vote. It's the only voice we have, and it's small, but it's there. Spend the other 364 days complaining about the politicians, but please pull the lever / fill in the dot / whatever you have to do if you haven't done it yet.

You can go reward yourself with a nice meal out when you're done.

This is the one day when I am politically active. It's the only day that anything that I say or do actually matters, which is why I don't bother with politics the rest of the year -- I try to only spend time on things on which I can have an impact. I don't like preaching to the choir and I don't like people who do. So if you already voted, you're the choir, and I'm not talking to you.

Site Supporter
    The 1.5 mile drive from my house a half hour ago took longer than the time I spent checking in and voting. No line at the local church/polling place. We've really opened up polling locations here recently... Very convenient. First time I didn't vote early in many years.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

It's not like they count them anyway

My mother is running for a local position and is working our polling place so I guess I can't get out of going.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    May those of you in hotly contested states have better fortune that us in Kalifornia.

Fingers crossed for VA!

Some random small town stats...

115/700 voters in our township voted (not including absentees)
    90 of whom were that of one party
    3 parties had nominees in local and state races
    Based on previous election turnouts, I suspect that will be similar story for the county

Mom got 17% of the votes for Majority inspector of elections, but will still retain her current position as minority inspector (she originally got the minority position with a last minute write in campaign consisting of 4 votes )
    Last edited by Artemas2; 11-02-2021 at 09:10 PM. Reason: stacking fire wood all day is not helpong me type

At 11AM, I was the 56th voter. Walk-in, walk-out, no mask requirement although I still wore one because the ballot place is a senior center.

For comparison, at 6-8PM on a presidential election I might be number 750, and local elections were pretty much unopposed and only the referendums/amendments were hot buttons.

User Tag List